Current time: 11/06/2024, 08:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Christmas and New Year Bus Services
RE: Christmas and New Year Bus Services
Just compared this years Xmas and Boxing Day Timtables against last years and found the following

Xmas Day - Timetables exact same as last year.

Boxing Day:

Stagecoach have improved their 1 Service adding earlier Buses from Ellesmere Port to Liverpool and later Buses from Liverpool to Chester, Merseytravel have missed out the 13 Timetable, Halton Transport are going to run their 14A Service between Runcorn and Liverpool (with some shorts between Liverpool and Widnes) Arriva and Stagecoach are making some changes to their 53 Service Buses start an hour later from Queen Square, Merseytravel are funding the 56 Service Liverpool - Netherton to run this year, Will be operated by HTL, Halton Transport will be running their 61 Service this year between Liverpool and Widnes, Theres no 80D from the NWVRT this year, Stagecoach are starting their 62 Service 15 mins earlier this year, Stagecoach are starting their 86 Service 15 mins earlier, Avons 87 Service will start an hour later and finish an hour later from the Heswall Side, Avon will be running their 88 Service (Heswall - West Kirby) this year, the 102 Merseytravel Service will finish an hour later this year, Merseytravel are funding their 165 Formby Cicular to run this year, Merseytravel are funding the 166/188 Garston Circulars to run this year, The 202/204 Dingle - Alder Hey Services have also been changed to run as a 202 from Dingle - Alder Hey and a 204 from Alder Hey - Dingle, This means an hourly Service instead of a half hourly Service and finishing an hour and half earlier from the Dingle end, Merseytravel are not funding the 209 to run this year, The 231 Maghull Circular will run but am not sure what time it finishes as it shows the last Trip leaving at 7:03 and arriving at 6:27, Also to point out there is no 30/30A running

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(06/12/2015 09:28)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Yet again Maghull and South Liverpool get a bus service on New Years Day evening while everyone else has to make alternative arrangements. I know there is limited funds but either put a reasonable network out or none at all.

Could that be a mistake? Seems abut strange only one route in Merseyside running past 1930-2000
Find all posts by this user
(06/12/2015 11:21)T42 PVM Wrote:  Just compared this years Xmas and Boxing Day Timtables against last years and found the following

Xmas Day - Timetables exact same as last year.

Boxing Day:

Stagecoach have improved their 1 Service adding earlier Buses from Ellesmere Port to Liverpool and later Buses from Liverpool to Chester, Merseytravel have missed out the 13 Timetable, Halton Transport are going to run their 14A Service between Runcorn and Liverpool (with some shorts between Liverpool and Widnes) Arriva and Stagecoach are making some changes to their 53 Service Buses start an hour later from Queen Square, Merseytravel are funding the 56 Service Liverpool - Netherton to run this year, Will be operated by HTL, Halton Transport will be running their 61 Service this year between Liverpool and Widnes, Theres no 80D from the NWVRT this year, Stagecoach are starting their 62 Service 15 mins earlier this year, Stagecoach are starting their 86 Service 15 mins earlier, Avons 87 Service will start an hour later and finish an hour later from the Heswall Side, Avon will be running their 88 Service (Heswall - West Kirby) this year, the 102 Merseytravel Service will finish an hour later this year, Merseytravel are funding their 165 Formby Cicular to run this year, Merseytravel are funding the 166/188 Garston Circulars to run this year, The 202/204 Dingle - Alder Hey Services have also been changed to run as a 202 from Dingle - Alder Hey and a 204 from Alder Hey - Dingle, This means an hourly Service instead of a half hourly Service and finishing an hour and half earlier from the Dingle end, Merseytravel are not funding the 209 to run this year, The 231 Maghull Circular will run but am not sure what time it finishes as it shows the last Trip leaving at 7:03 and arriving at 6:27, Also to point out there is no 30/30A running

That's a intresting read tbh
How has new year day compared this year?
(06/12/2015 11:26)E208 WBG Wrote:  That's a intresting read tbh
How has new year day compared this year?

Shall do that now as interested myself

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
(06/12/2015 11:27)T42 PVM Wrote:  Shall do that now as interested myself

Did Arriva run 450 between 5pm and midnight on either Boxing Day or new year day last year or was that year before remember it ran identical to 150 but was just for the 1 or 2 days
New Year's Day:

Merseytravel are funding their 56 Service to run this year, Avon are changing their 87 Service to start an hour later and finish an hour later on the Heswall side, Avon are going to run the 88 Service this year, Merseytravel are funding their 102 Service to run an hour later, Merseytravel are funding the 165 Formby Circular to run this year, Changes to the 202/204 see's it run as a 202 from Dingle to Alder Hey and 204 from Alder Hey to Dingle, only an hourly frequency instead of half hourly and the Service finishes an hour and half earlier from the Dingle end, The 495 (Beechwood Circular) will finish an hour earlier this year
(06/12/2015 11:29)E208 WBG Wrote:  Did Arriva run 450 between 5pm and midnight on either Boxing Day or new year day last year or was that year before remember it ran identical to 150 but was just for the 1 or 2 days

Last time the 450 ran was on New Years day 2013
(06/12/2015 11:22)E208 WBG Wrote:  Could that be a mistake? Seems abut strange only one route in Merseyside running past 1930-2000

The 166/188 and 231 are running beyond 11pm on New Years Day so i assume thats what St Helens Rider is aiming at

(06/12/2015 11:53)T42 PVM Wrote:  The 166/188 and 231 are running beyond 11pm on New Years Day so i assume thats what St Helens Rider is aiming at
It certainly is Terence. I'm beginning to think full New Years Day operation must be written into the contract as this has operated for quite a few years now.
I think all tendered services should run on boxing day and new years day but i think the smaller companies would struggle to get the drivers to operate them.
(06/12/2015 12:54)motormayhem1 Wrote:  I think all tendered services should run on boxing day and new years day but i think the smaller companies would struggle to get the drivers to operate them.

They may or may not be the case. With most things in life it's all down to the money. Of those Merseytravel services that are scheduled to run it will be interesting to see if there are any no-shows. Another way to gauge the situation is to ask the driver if it was a voluntary duty or if arms were twisted and knee caps threatened.
Timetables are now up for all the Christmas and New Year Services

Christmas Day - http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/promotion...0buses.pdf

Boxing Day - http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/promotion...0buses.pdf

New Years Day - http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/promotion...0buses.pdf

Summary for the holiday period - http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/promotion...20grid.pdf

Full Guide to services - http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/promotion...015-16.pdf

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)