Current time: 02/05/2024, 12:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
There's a Saints B10BLE on the 352 this evening, think it might have been 2712
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Just for reference,

8 x 89
5 are late boards, the other 3 are daytime boards, and these have been getting commanders on the day boards lately, hope this continues, the B10's are awful on here now. Well past there sell by date IMO. Great buses, just a lack of TLC over the years.

tt
(03/12/2015 16:48)sth77 Wrote:  It has been St Helens for about 2 months. All Commanders based at Green Lane are now at St Helens.

2574/80 were also on the 89s today

Do we know when they're likely to go back? The Wright Streetlites are due in February aren't they
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(03/12/2015 19:43)RedPanda Wrote:  Do we know when they're likely to go back? The Wright Streetlites are due in February aren't they

The Commanders are permanent allocations to St Helens - they won't be going back to Green Lane
(03/12/2015 19:43)RedPanda Wrote:  Do we know when they're likely to go back? The Wright Streetlites are due in February aren't they

Are the Streetlites confirmed? There has been contrasting stories - first they are coming, then they are not - has there been a definitive announcement on this?
(03/12/2015 20:41)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Are the Streetlites confirmed? There has been contrasting stories - first they are coming, then they are not - has there been a definitive announcement on this?

Hope so as it was 2010 when Arriva last saw a new full size bus.
I'm surprised that none of the comandors have wifi, only the deckers and cadets have it though I'm sure whatever St Helens does get brand new it'll have wifi.
I would rephrase that as Arriva does seem to be going through a double deck buying phase , St Helens having the benefit of that for the 10/10A when they feel like using them. Its Single deck buying that seems to have fallen by the wayside apart from a small set here and there for specific services in other depots .
(03/12/2015 21:00)wirralbus Wrote:  I would rephrase that as Arriva does seem to be going through a double deck buying phase , St Helens having the benefit of that for the 10/10A when they feel like using them. Its Single deck buying that seems to have fallen by the wayside apart from a small set here and there for specific services in other depots .

Yes they are - however Arriva won't buy double deckers for routes that clearly don't need them. I would say that the only routes operated by St Helens that would be ideal for a batch of double deckers in the future are the 89 and 352 - as both can get busy at peak times - even with a full size single decker allocation
(03/12/2015 21:00)wirralbus Wrote:  I would rephrase that as Arriva does seem to be going through a double deck buying phase , St Helens having the benefit of that for the 10/10A when they feel like using them. Its Single deck buying that seems to have fallen by the wayside apart from a small set here and there for specific services in other depots .

I couldn't imagine a deckers on the 34A, not on the council estate off Common Road. Call me wired but I don't know why though the 22 operated by Network Warrington sees deckers.
(03/12/2015 21:10)RedPanda Wrote:  I couldn't imagine a deckers on the 34A, not on the council estate off Common Road. Call me wired but I don't know why though the 22 operated by Network Warrington sees deckers.

The 22 interworks with a lot of things, which is no doubt why it has deckers on some journeys.
Most are single deck though (unless things have changed in recent times).

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)