Current time: 03/05/2024, 07:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
With thanks to a contact on Flickr 17202 has returned to Manchester from its loan spell at Gillmoss
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(24/11/2015 20:43)Dentonian Wrote:  Technically, there is a lot wrong! Certainly, if its off-peak its totally inexcusable to use one of only two 16+ year old, high floor buses out of a depot with 175 buses, on a TFGM tender.

I covered my own bsck side with that last sentence incase somebody reminded us that the DDA rules don't come into force until the beginning of 2016 but obviously the fact their using am elderly high floor vehicle when the fleet is supposed to be 100% low floor isn't very good but given that James has mentioned a breakdown would TFGM prefer a journey or journeys not to run at all, run very very late or run using a non spec vehicle that happened to be in the area?
From the passengers point of view I know what I'd prefer!
Not sure if it's been reported but Stagecoach Manchester's unique ALX400 Volvo B7TL 16949 is back at Middleton Depot and is out today I've just seen it on a 118 short working to White Moss
(25/11/2015 09:07)Mayneway Wrote:  I covered my own bsck side with that last sentence incase somebody reminded us that the DDA rules don't come into force until the beginning of 2016 but obviously the fact their using am elderly high floor vehicle when the fleet is supposed to be 100% low floor isn't very good but given that James has mentioned a breakdown would TFGM prefer a journey or journeys not to run at all, run very very late or run using a non spec vehicle that happened to be in the area?
From the passengers point of view I know what I'd prefer!
at a guess 20982 was used because the bus is already on the m60 coming back from bluecoats and could well have been quicker getting to the breakdown than waiting for another driver to take a bus from the depot. tfgm will allow non contracted vehicles on routes if service has brokendown but needs to be replaced asap so 982 could do x5 to traff ctr then back to sk then swap for a normal bus at stockport rather than drop the circuit
(25/11/2015 13:28)james Wrote:  at a guess 20982 was used because the bus is already on the m60 coming back from bluecoats and could well have been quicker getting to the breakdown than waiting for another driver to take a bus from the depot. tfgm will allow non contracted vehicles on routes if service has brokendown but needs to be replaced asap so 982 could do x5 to traff ctr then back to sk then swap for a normal bus at stockport rather than drop the circuit

For all its faults, at least Stagecoach, unlike Arriva, have the means (two-way radio equipment) to convey such information to its drivers. Radios were fitted to Stagecoach GM's allocation last year and they are used to good effect. If an Arriva vehicle suffers a breakdown a replacement can take hours to organise.
(25/11/2015 14:15)Barney Wrote:  For all its faults, at least Stagecoach, unlike Arriva, have the means (two-way radio equipment) to convey such information to its drivers. Radios were fitted to Stagecoach GM's allocation last year and they are used to good effect. If an Arriva vehicle suffers a breakdown a replacement can take hours to organise.

Stagecoach are by no means perfect in terms of breakdowns, radios or no radios, it seems the norm now certainly in Tameside to simply drop a journey when a vehicle suffers a breakdown rather than send a replacement bus out and have it running slightly late.
After witnessing some kind of undercover sting tonight involving Stagecoach officials a driver seemed to have been caught fiddling. Purely out of interest what's the normal procedure in these circumstances? Do the police normally get involved or is it kept 'internal'.

It was quite a sinister 15 or so minutes but good to see drivers actually being checked on rather than the passengers! Are these random or normally after a tip off/complaint.
(25/11/2015 23:15)Mayneway Wrote:  After witnessing some kind of undercover sting tonight involving Stagecoach officials a driver seemed to have been caught fiddling. Purely out of interest what's the normal procedure in these circumstances? Do the police normally get involved or is it kept 'internal'.

It was quite a sinister 15 or so minutes but good to see drivers actually being checked on rather than the passengers! Are these random or normally after a tip off/complaint.

Sometimes its random and sometimes its due to complaints but when it happens :
1- the driver is took off the road with an immediate effect and took back the depot and is watched while paying in.
2-sometimes maybe asked to finish the journey with an inspector on board before being took back.
3-suspended with immediate effect by depot manager once they have paid in while its investigated.
4-once investigated the driver is took in for disciplinary action whether it be formally or informally to listen to the drivers side of the story before deciding whether it gets took to next stage of disciplinary .
5-depending on how many passengers are on without tickets would depend on what action is taken whether it be verbal warning , written warning , final written warning or contract terminated.
6-then you have the appeal process if you think the decision was wrong or too harsh to either get the decision reduced or keep your job and have 3 appeals .
7.appeals process...1- with a general manager 2- with another manager from another depot 3-head office with the area manager/director.
(26/11/2015 08:23)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Sometimes its random and sometimes its due to complaints but when it happens :
1- the driver is took off the road with an immediate effect and took back the depot and is watched while paying in.
2-sometimes maybe asked to finish the journey with an inspector on board before being took back.
3-suspended with immediate effect by depot manager once they have paid in while its investigated.
4-once investigated the driver is took in for disciplinary action whether it be formally or informally to listen to the drivers side of the story before deciding whether it gets took to next stage of disciplinary .
5-depending on how many passengers are on without tickets would depend on what action is taken whether it be verbal warning , written warning , final written warning or contract terminated.
6-then you have the appeal process if you think the decision was wrong or too harsh to either get the decision reduced or keep your job and have 3 appeals .
7.appeals process...1- with a general manager 2- with another manager from another depot 3-head office with the area manager/director.

Thanks for that.
I'm surprised potentially they could get off with a warning and keep thier job but I suppose it depends on the drivers record.
(26/11/2015 10:19)Mayneway Wrote:  Thanks for that.
I'm surprised potentially they could get off with a warning and keep thier job but I suppose it depends on the drivers record.

Also depends on the reason too as people could sneak on or have a dodgy pass and when a revenue inspector gets the passenger tells them they paid and the driver never gave ticket and they wouldn't know its the truth untill cctv is downloaded etc but it does depends on the drivers record too.

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)