Current time: 26/09/2024, 22:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Northern Rail
RE: Northern Rail
Theres currently no Trains between Wigan North Western and Huyton as someone has jumped of the Bridge at Bryn, Trains are going via the Bamburlong line then via St Helens Junction Line and rail replacement Buses are/will be running between Huyton and Wigan

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(05/11/2015 10:23)knutstransport Wrote:  Apparently Northern employed an ex-FCC fitter to work at Allerton but Porterbrook changed the traction equipment when they removed the 3rd rail equipment so even he's not been able to find immediate solutions to problems.

All that was changed was the traction cards, they have not been responsible for the failures.

As for daily failures, there weren't any on Wed or Thu this week while I was at work.

SD.
Find all posts by this user
319366 & 319379 arrived at Allerton from Wolverton on Wednesday.

SD.
(06/11/2015 18:24)Sprinterdriver Wrote:  319366 & 319379 arrived at Allerton from Wolverton on Wednesday.

SD.

Am I right in thinking this now makes up all 20 sets which were due.
(06/11/2015 18:52)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Am I right in thinking this now makes up all 20 sets which were due.

Yes you are!

SD.
(05/11/2015 18:27)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  As a passenger who uses the Liverpool Lime Street to Manchester Piccadilly route fairly regularly I know what I and many other passengers of that and other 319-operated routes would prefer

From my experience most passengers going between Liverpool and Manchester still choose to use the TPE and EMT services via Warrington. While most Liverpool-Manchester Airport services were 2 car 156s, there were a lot of 4 car 156 workings between Liverpool and Wigan so on those services a 319 is less spacious (80m of train length instead of 92m) and less comfortable (3+2 seating without tables or arm rests.)
In the near future the Liverpool - Manchester via Warrington looks like its going to be relegated to a back water line , with most of the express workings operating via Chat Moss.

I have to admit having been on the class 156 and 319 , I seem to find the seating on the 319's to be lower than the 156's , the 319's seem to have some seats that don't seem to have in cushion's in the seats.

Some on here go for the better acceleration , but some on here also want some comfort as well.
I'd much rather take a 156 than a 319 for comfort! I even prefer the ex FNW 150's because they have more upright seating and an accessible toilet.
A 150 derailed on a set of points at Knaresborough this morning, full story on Yorkshire Evening Post site
Northern appear to be running an extra train per hour today between St Helens Central and Lime Street. Departing at xx30 most hours from St Helens Central. There doesn't appear to be any publicity for this though.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 29 Guest(s)