Current time: 04/05/2024, 21:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(01/11/2015 23:53)mbonwick Wrote:  They were ALX400 headlights - presumably somebody thought it would be a great way to reduce the spare parts catalogue!
Manchester have a history of doing this - many if not all of their B10Ms received round ALX style headlights in place of the original rectangular design.

I can confirm that 18284 is back to proper East Lancs style lights now

They never looked too bad on the B10Ms but they just really odd on the Trident. Perhaps if they had been sunk into the front rather than just stuck on they wouldn't have looked so bad.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(02/11/2015 07:52)Mayneway Wrote:  I still see standard diesel Enviro400's on the 192 and the part route college runs are mainly run by standard Enviro400's so they will presumably mainly see use there. Having said that most of ST's hybrid's do see use on other services mainly in evenings and on Sundays.

Carnt see why they would go to so much trouble otherwise, both Hyde Road and Ashton could do with extra hybrids, Ashton in particular seems to be short of deckers!

Not everybody in the Stockport Stagecoach area lives on or near the A6.
(02/11/2015 13:21)gilbert Wrote:  Not everybody in the Stockport Stagecoach area lives on or near the A6.

Sorry I'm slightly confused. Where in my post does it suggest everyone in Stockport lives near the A6??
It's been reported on another forum that 19510 is now in traffic in Sheffield
(02/11/2015 13:31)Mayneway Wrote:  Sorry I'm slightly confused. Where in my post does it suggest everyone in Stockport lives near the A6??

You didn't. I just don't see why all Stagecoach Stockport's eggs should be in one basket.
(02/11/2015 07:52)Mayneway Wrote:  Carnt see why they would go to so much trouble otherwise, both Hyde Road and Ashton could do with extra hybrids, Ashton in particular seems to be short of deckers!

i really dont see how ashton are short of deckers with 65deckers and 14 darts/Enviro200/mans and 3 solos
pvr is 58/65 deckers leaving 7 spare deckers for maintainence etc but only 3 spare single deckers (not inc 28506/7)
(02/11/2015 17:56)james Wrote:  i really dont see how ashton are short of deckers with 65deckers and 14 darts/Enviro200/mans and 3 solos
pvr is 58/65 deckers leaving 7 spare deckers for maintainence etc but only 3 spare single deckers (not inc 28506/7)

Then why they so reluctant to use them?

This is not me just saying it I've heard two drivers say the week before half term that they were short of deckers, and if your thoery is correct why are regular diesel Enviro400's still regular workers of the 219??
(02/11/2015 17:06)gilbert Wrote:  You didn't. I just don't see why all Stagecoach Stockport's eggs should be in one basket.

Because the 192 is the 'golden goose' and with this new park and ride scheme at hazel grove no doubt thier keen to have it as green as possible.

Having said that according to a post on another site, drivers from the depot these hybrids have come from are glad to see the back of them apparently so perhaps they will spend the majority of there time over the pits Smile
(02/11/2015 20:50)Dentonian Wrote:  and tacho fitted 19528-31

What exactly are tachographs? I've never come across one but I know they are fitted to buses and trucks.
(02/11/2015 22:54)acocker96 Wrote:  What exactly are tachographs? I've never come across one but I know they are fitted to buses and trucks.

The first few paragraphs of this should explain it best:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachograph

Obviously most service buses don't need them as they only do local service work but most coaches and trucks do have them fitted.

Obviously some buses within a large fleet will have them fitted so they can be used on private hires etc.

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)