Current time: 20/04/2024, 07:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
My phone is now working again but I would not have mentioned in any formal complaint it as it is technically unrelated and should not normally happen under those conditions.

I can't really mention it to any school in particular as even though it was most likely one of the students from the local high school, I can't rule out the possibility of it being a couple of young girls that got on a few stops before as they moved seats right before the incident happened or someone from one of the schools in Bury.

Under no circumstances would I inform any press due to the damage it can cause to company and/or individuals who may or may not be involved.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Hi are Oldham depot short on single decked at the moment because for the last week I have been seeing more and more optare solos on the 454 and the 457. We're has 456,458 the have had nothing but single decker volvos granted it is a different route but would it not make sense to do a swap.
Sam
I'm not too sure myself but at about 6.15pm on Thursday there was a B9TL on the 149 near Morrisons, usually B7RLE's now I think, there was another B9TL heading down the Oldham bypass heading away from Asda with Metroshuttle 2 displays.
I forgot to mention something on Thursday due to another discussion, I ended up with a B9TL (37429 I think) on 511 due to 60280 having problems (1435 from Bolton). I was surprised to see this as the driver just stated that a substitute was coming off the 524 (I was expecting a B7RLE or another Citaro). I took some video footage from downstairs which I will try and upload to YouTube when I can get Wi-Fi.

EDIT: Videos now uploading and I can confirm after checking my records that it was indeed 37429
I did notice a Solo and a Dart on the 81 on Tuse as well, Is the final X-OBN Solo still in service?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Former Queens Road and Bolton R624 CVR is on Ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221897796213

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(29/09/2015 07:55)T42 PVM Wrote:  Former Queens Road and Bolton R624 CVR is on Ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221897796213

I would probably buy it if I had the space and money but there are some other interesting ones on there that I would probably go for, like a Volvo Olympian (Palatine) that the seller has described as "bomb proof".
On 66842 this afternoon, operating on the X84, which now has an announcement whenever the bell is rung saying 'please remain seated until the bus has stopped'. First time I'm aware of this on a First Manchester vehicle.
(01/10/2015 18:44)SF07 Wrote:  On 66842 this afternoon, operating on the X84, which now has an announcement whenever the bell is rung saying 'please remain seated until the bus has stopped'. First time I'm aware of this on a First Manchester vehicle.

I can see this delaying the bus by an extra 20-seconds every time it stops!
(01/10/2015 21:29)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  I can see this delaying the bus by an extra 20-seconds every time it stops!

Most drivers seem to continue past the stop if there has nobody stood up on single deckers unless there are more elderly passengers or the vehicle is full.

User(s) browsing this thread: 37 Guest(s)