Current time: 25/04/2024, 06:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Presumably on their website, but I think you might be on the wrong thread
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I only just realised it was in the wrong thread, I had both manc threads open at the same time, I thought it was the stagecoach thread Smile
Whie Enviro300s have been being used on some duties on 350s Oldhams Streetlites have so far this week been vsiting Manchester on 81s
there was a streetlite on there on friday

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
I have had a problem on the 474 as I was kicked off with everyone due to some schoolkids repeatedly pressing the stop bell. As a result I ended up walking home in the pouring rain which has now caused damage to my phone. Is this the usual way to deal with this situation?
Complain to First, especially the driver's conduct.
(23/09/2015 18:33)Dentonian Wrote:  Technically no, but it depends to some extent on the context; Are you a pupil at the same school as hooligans? Are you a pupil from a different school? Or are you an adult and the driver ejected all passengers? Also, what ticket did you have? Also, was the driver's actions unilateral, or did he/she contact the depot for instruction? Finally, why were you not allowed onto the 474 10 minutes (in theory) behind?

I am an adult with S1 month, the driver did not contact the depot. I didn't get the one behind as I didn't live too far away from where we all ended up getting off, as well as that another 474 (unidentified B9TL) had overtaken at the previous stop and there is usually a longer wait around that time as I have experienced when waiting in Bury.
There would be no way for you to complain about your phone as the weather is classed as "act of God" (or preferred religious deity). Even with the manufacturer, the argument would (rather ridiculously) be that you shouldn't have had it out during wet conditions.

Plus the weather which damaged your phone was not a result of the earlier incident regarding your bus service, they were two separate events.
(23/09/2015 21:24)VolvoB10M Wrote:  I am an adult with S1 month, the driver did not contact the depot. I didn't get the one behind as I didn't live too far away from where we all ended up getting off, as well as that another 474 (unidentified B9TL) had overtaken at the previous stop and there is usually a longer wait around that time as I have experienced when waiting in Bury.

I too am an adult and I would have refused to have left the vehicle in question, The driver would then have to contact his/her depot for instructions. In the meantime I would have used my phone to contact First notifying them of their driver's intentions. My next phone call would be to the police if the driver tried to force me off the bus.
(23/09/2015 22:33)John I Wrote:  I too am an adult and I would have refused to have left the vehicle in question, The driver would then have to contact his/her depot for instructions. In the meantime I would have used my phone to contact First notifying them of their driver's intentions. My next phone call would be to the police if the driver tried to force me off the bus.

Completly agree with you regarding asking the driver to contact the depot and his manager. Presumably the driver kicked all the passengers off the bus which potentially could have included pensioners and disabled.
Not sure what the police would suggest/do but I'm sure the press would also be interested to hear about it.

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)