Current time: 23/04/2024, 07:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
I fully agree with that comment. If she didnt know that route 100% then she should of said something before she went out on it. I just cant believe that shes took a wrong turning, is half a mile off route and not one passenger has said a thing. You normally get a load of abuse haha. But if something has been said to her, she should either turn around or phone her inspector. Obviously it could of been prevented.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(12/09/2015 11:01)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  I fully agree with that comment. If she didnt know that route 100% then she should of said something before she went out on it. I just cant believe that shes took a wrong turning, is half a mile off route and not one passenger has said a thing. You normally get a load of abuse haha. But if something has been said to her, she should either turn around or phone her inspector. Obviously it could of been prevented.

From what's been said locally, passengers very quickly made her aware that she had taken the wrong turn and she was trying to get back on route, obviously a you turn isn't really an option on a double decker bus, but as she was unfamiliar with Rochdale so wasn't aware of the low bridge.
I agree it wasn't her fault, it could happen to any driver really, just look how many times a year in London at least 6 it seems. I really hope she doesn't get sacked as that would be unfair, any news on the vehicle itself? I doubt it'd be scrapped.
(12/09/2015 15:21)acocker96 Wrote:  I agree it wasn't her fault, it could happen to any driver really, just look how many times a year in London at least 6 it seems. I really hope she doesn't get sacked as that would be unfair, any news on the vehicle itself? I doubt it'd be scrapped.

Technically it is her fault as she was driving the vehicle. I don't know the stretch of road it happened on but apparently there were warning signs of a low bridge well In advance so why did she not stop? But it is unfair to blaime her directly as she's obviously not recieved the correct level of training.

To be honest I've heard of drivers getting sacked for a lot less than striking a bridge during their probation period but I would imagine it would depend on the outcome of the police investigation, they may decide to prosecute and of course she may decide that she never wants to drive a bus again and resign.

Let's just be thankful everyone escaped without serious injiuies.
That stretch of road is a bus route until the roundabout she went over before the bridge, it is well sign posted as a low bridge, i used to on a regular basis drive single deckers under it, it is about 12' the bridge, if she had of turned left at the roundabiut and followed the 471 route all would have been good, but as that isnt a queens road service she would have no clue. I drive coaches and I even on coaches i drive every week go for a bridge i check my height. I know for a facr my regular coach is 12' 1" tall but i still look before any bridge.... it is a good practice.
Some changes for 25 October have been posted on the First website:

*8: Additional early morning journeys introduced
*33: Additional early morning journeys introduced
*36: Additional early morning journeys introduced
*52: Some journeys extended from Salford Shopping Centre to intu Trafford Centre replacing service 110.
*39: Weekday morning journeys re-numbered X39, running limited stop along part of the route.
*93: Some Monday-Saturday journeys are extended to run to/from Prestwich, running every 30 mins
*95: Buses from Salford Shopping Centre will run through to Bury instead of terminating at Prestwich. Service will additionally call at Whitefield Interchange
*100: Additional Sunday morning journeys introduced between intu Trafford Centre and Manchester.
*110: Service curtailed to run between Salford and Manchester.

http://www.firstgroup.com/greater-manche...ht-package
(12/09/2015 15:21)acocker96 Wrote:  ...any news on the vehicle itself? I doubt it'd be scrapped.

It would probably depend on if the frame is bent or not. I often wonder if the damage to the vehicle would've been different if it had been Alexander or Plaxton bodied, I have always thought Wright have slightly less structural strength when it comes to collisions. For example the head on collision between Arriva 2936 and Stagecoach (Magic bus) 18288. 18288 was repaired and returned within a few months however 2936 was completely unrepairable.
Where exactly is the 110 getting cut back to? it don't really make it clear

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
53143 made a rare apearance on the 454 this afternoon. Safe to say it was very full.
Sam
Is there a contact email for driver/service comments for stagecoach?

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)