Current time: 19/04/2024, 23:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
This whole taking passengers into Depots isn't such a no no as the rules and regulations lead us all to believe.

Ok so its not the normal thing, but it happens and has done a lot over the years. Many years ago in 1991. I remember on several occaions catching the old 12 and 68, operated by Swinton Depot and Bolton Depot, and they went down Folly Lane where the old Swinton Depot was. One morning we were on BN4498 Great Bus, when he announced he had a slow puncture, and was calling in to the Depot to get some air. Next time we were on the old 3106SN Based olympian which needed water, so we called in at the depot.

Jump forward 20 years ago, and First Manchester Bury Depot Drivers are known from time to time, for driving an in service vehicle into the depot. Like for instance, if they have forgotten something that they need, or if the driver who had the bus before them has left something behind. Ok it doesnt happen a lot, but it happens with one or two drivers. Insurance might be an issue, but it doesn't stop if from happening, after all its not like anyone is going round the depot. Your in a bus with the doors shut.
Quote this message in a reply
Also when it was still open evening driver changeovers at Stagecoach Manchester's Princess Road Depot were actually done inside the depot and this was agreed by the Union.

Also only recently I was on a GHA 82 Northwich-Chester service which called into GHAs depot at Tarvin to change drivers
Find all posts by this user
(18/07/2012 23:48)CX54 DKD Wrote:  Just as an off-topic aside (sorry!), Arriva Skelmersdale used to take passengers into the depot on the vehicles to switch drivers on at least the 375/385 which actually had the depot as a timing point.

adding onto this i remember swapping buses in the depot in the evening as well from a DD to a pulsar 2

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Another opturd going to the scrappers yard!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/82329603@N0...otostream/
(19/07/2012 09:17)GmBusesNorth Wrote:  Another opturd going to the scrappers yard!

Do we know which one it is?
Can someone help me with a query on the school buses, specifically those at Queens Road. For some years QR had 68225 and 68226 which I never managed to see. Now four new Versas have arrived but only 68225 has left. So presumably there has been a gain in work. I see from a look at the timetables on the First website that there are at least 2 routes in Wythenshawe Y29 and Y36. I am curious as to which First depot operates these services. QR is probably the nearest geographically but it is still a way away. And whoever works these do the buses go back during the day or do they rest up somewhere in Wythenshawe?
I would imagine Queens Road would operate the services in Wythenshawe. Drivers would go back to the depot after the school runs.
(19/07/2012 10:05)WWH44L Wrote:  
(19/07/2012 09:17)GmBusesNorth Wrote:  Another opturd going to the scrappers yard!

Do we know which one it is?

Me thinks that one is R8LCB. R6LCB has already gone to PVS I think, and R10LCB was parked right at the other end of the depot near 31945 and 31949. :P
31919 appears to have some serious slowness issues...it was my first time (from what I remember) on it today - the only Arrow still in service that I'd never been on lol! It was on the 561/2 (562 when I had it), and it is slower than 31917 and 31951 if anyone is familiar with those!!! I felt sorry for the driver, I bet it was really getting on her nerves how slow it was! It was even struggling on flat roads! :O
(19/07/2012 17:44)thomasl1231 Wrote:  31919 appears to have some serious slowness issues...it was my first time (from what I remember) on it today - the only Arrow still in service that I'd never been on lol! It was on the 561/2 (562 when I had it), and it is slower than 31917 and 31951 if anyone is familiar with those!!! I felt sorry for the driver, I bet it was really getting on her nerves how slow it was! It was even struggling on flat roads! :O

I know 31919 only to well, thomas, and yes it is horrendously slow, and I didnt think anything was slower than 31917............

The Arrows should be waving goodbye, and hopefully the XDZ s 31811/6 At Bury will go as well, don'y get me started on them busesUndecided

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)