Current time: 04/05/2024, 21:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Buses Wales - Rhyl Depot
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Rhyl Depot
(17/07/2015 09:28)E208 WBG Wrote:  Exactly there are far more important things to worry about than registration plates you should be happy your depot has acquired new buses and leave it at that
At the end of the day they get registered with what ever plates they get registered with as long as they have wheels, engine and a gearbox that's what matters as they can withdrawn older buses that are not DDA and fix others that are

Funny you should say that as Michael Morton is far from impressed with the registrations.

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/07/2015 14:15)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  Funny you should say that as Michael Morton is far from impressed with the registrations.

Who is Michael Morton?

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(17/07/2015 09:28)E208 WBG Wrote:  Exactly there are far more important things to worry about than registration plates you should be happy your depot has acquired new buses and leave it at that
At the end of the day they get registered with what ever plates they get registered with as long as they have wheels, engine and a gearbox that's what matters as they can withdrawn older buses that are not DDA and fix others that are

I actually freaked out years ago when Crosville's Nationals and VRs turned up without FM plates even though they were still registered in Chester. OK that was an overreaction - but anything on a Yorkshire plate may look like a cascade, particularly if it turns up when a new reg is due. Bus passengers are actually used to the MX and CX plates on new buses.
Bus passengers look at reg plates and think ooh that bus wasn't registered here or is a cascade do they, really!!!!, I think not. Most passengers wouldn't even notice so the only people that would are enthusiasts.
I've been surprised many times, how observant, in particular pensioners, are over this sort of thing, when a bus they're not familiar with shows up.
At the end of the day, picking over the registration a vehicle is delivered with is no different than picking over a livery it may arrive in - particularly from an enthusiast point of view. Nobody is suggesting it's something the general public are going to create uproar over and I don't really think it's fair to be chastising people for discussing it if it forms part of the enthusiast experience for them.

The forum is intended for enthusiast use and I wouldn't like to think some may feel alienated away from using it or discussing things which may interest them lest they be 'told off' for it by other members. If you don't like or care for something being discussed, please just read over it and move on.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(17/07/2015 20:14)Dentonian Wrote:  Taxi for childwallblues...............

Yes seems to be required indeed Laugh

(17/07/2015 20:24)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Bus passengers look at reg plates and think ooh that bus wasn't registered here or is a cascade do they, really!!!!, I think not. Most passengers wouldn't even notice so the only people that would are enthusiasts.

Well you say that but when the MD of Arriva Buses Wales is not happy about then clearly proves that something is not right and is not impressive.

(17/07/2015 20:58)CX54 DKD Wrote:  At the end of the day, picking over the registration a vehicle is delivered with is no different than picking over a livery it may arrive in - particularly from an enthusiast point of view. Nobody is suggesting it's something the general public are going to create uproar over and I don't really think it's fair to be chastising people for discussing it if it forms part of the enthusiast experience for them.

The forum is intended for enthusiast use and I wouldn't like to think some may feel alienated away from using it or discussing things which may interest them lest they be 'told off' for it by other members. If you don't like or care for something being discussed, please just read over it and move on.

No offence 'pal' but when you say "The forum is intended for enthusiast use and I wouldn't like to think some may feel alienated away from using it or discussing things which may interest them lest they be 'told off' for it by other members." is a forum not for discussing and debating things or is it simply just to say "oh i seen this today" no its not is it, maybe us lot on here having a DISCUSSION are interested and intrigued by the way the vehicles have been registered or maybe even the livery which few of us have discussed to. What i dont see you mention is when people post stuff like "does it matter" nothing of that is mentioned which may make people feel like they cant have a reasonable discussion between fellow enthusiasts which is why i fully understand why a lot of people have stopped using this forum because quite frankly us decent enthusiasts want to have a discussion or FRIENDLY debate between each other we get shut down it does not help when you have people who post that dont the difference between a Bus and a HGV.

Im just stating that its not like we are all at each others throats over it is it? simply a discussion (what a forum is used for)

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
LJ51, I'd kindly ask that you re-read the entirety of my post; I was defending the discussion that was ongoing regarding registrations, not criticising it. No need for the caps either, I can read just as well in lower case!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Quite the allocations to service 11 today, 2 MAX Pulsar's and 2 Sapphire spare Enviro400's Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(22/07/2015 16:44)Aarons Transport Pictures Wrote:  Quite the allocations to service 11 today, 2 MAX Pulsar's and 2 Sapphire spare Enviro400's Smile

The usage of the Max Pulsar is getting more frequent. Are Rhyl short of a few Coastliner Deckers at the moment???

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)