Current time: 05/05/2024, 17:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(30/06/2015 07:27)Dentonian Wrote:  I always forget the name of the school/college involved, but the two B10Ms at Stockport are specifically allocated to this particular (private) contract for the school, in the Glossop area.

It's used for the Bluecoat 700 school service which finishes in the afternoon in Glossop. The second B10M is a spare so I'm guessing it will be used until 20982 is repaired.
It caused some serious damage with a large section of the road needing to be resurfaced. Just goes to show how bad speed bumps can be to vehicles.

I wonder if stagecoach will put a claim in Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(30/06/2015 07:37)Mayneway Wrote:  It's used for the Bluecoat 700 school service which finishes in the afternoon in Glossop. The second B10M is a spare so I'm guessing it will be used until 20982 is repaired.
It caused some serious damage with a large section of the road needing to be resurfaced. Just goes to show how bad speed bumps can be to vehicles.

I wonder if stagecoach will put a claim in Smile

Resurfaced! - Isn't covering it with sand all that needed to be done?
(30/06/2015 09:09)YSV-205 Wrote:  Resurfaced! - Isn't covering it with sand all that needed to be done?

According to one of the firemen last night in some places on the stretch of road it had already started to dry and creates a permanent layer of something similar to black ice so the only real solution is to put a new layer of Tarmac down.
Whether they actually did that I'm not sure as I didn't hang around but the road was still closed at 9pm.
Can we even be sure they will fix the B10M considering its age and DDA not far away?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(30/06/2015 09:41)bolton bus basher Wrote:  Can we even be sure they will fix the B10M considering its age and DDA not far away?

I think we have had this discussion regarding the B10's before. They are effectively working on a service that's organised directly by the school so technically a private hire so it isn't effected by the DDA or by age or low floor restrictions. Obviously it restricts what Stagecoach can use them for out of term time and at weekends but from all accounts it's quite a well paying contract.
(30/06/2015 09:38)Mayneway Wrote:  According to one of the firemen last night in some places on the stretch of road it had already started to dry and creates a permanent layer of something similar to black ice so the only real solution is to put a new layer of Tarmac down.
Whether they actually did that I'm not sure as I didn't hang around but the road was still closed at 9pm.

Diesel soaks into the asphalt which breaks up the binding tar and causes the road surface to crumble in the longer term. It also rises to the surface when it rains as it is less dense, hence the "ice rink" effect. That's why you tend to find emergency repairs on motorways after a serious collision involving a HGV or coach.
(30/06/2015 07:37)Mayneway Wrote:  I wonder if stagecoach will put a claim in Smile

More then likely, it be Stagecoach footing the bill for this.
(30/06/2015 09:41)bolton bus basher Wrote:  Can we even be sure they will fix the B10M considering its age and DDA not far away?

It's not exactly rocket science to replace a fuel tank and/or tank straps, so unless there was any other substantial damage, it's unlikely to be off the road for too long.
(01/07/2015 22:09)Neukit Wrote:  It's not exactly rocket science to replace a fuel tank and/or tank straps, so unless there was any other substantial damage, it's unlikely to be off the road for too long.

Can't comment about buses, but on most wagons it takes about 30-mins to change a fuel tank, and on vans about 2-hours.
(02/07/2015 00:35)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  Can't comment about buses, but on most wagons it takes about 30-mins to change a fuel tank, and on vans about 2-hours.

As expected 20983 worked the 700 Bluecoat school service last night. No doubt 20982 will be back very soon.

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)