Current time: 02/05/2024, 02:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Something I keep forgetting to post is that since the recent timetable and tender changes it seems that Dukinfield are struggling for full Hybrid allocation as its seems daily now that the Stockport tenders are allocated normal Solos to them alongwith the normal Hybrid Versas

Also regarding tender changes and TfGM Hybrids it remains to be seen whether 484 will remain a TfGM Hybrid route once it transfers to Arriva as currently Bolton have still got one of the road as far as I know due to the fact that someone decided to put Diesel in Ad-Blue tanks causing quite a bit of damage, this happened a number of months back now from what I've been told and the vehicle still hasn't returned to service yet which tells me that its a big job
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(25/06/2015 06:12)M60lad Wrote:  Something I keep forgetting to post is that since the recent timetable and tender changes it seems that Dukinfield are struggling for full Hybrid allocation as its seems daily now that the Stockport tenders are allocated normal Solos to them alongwith the normal Hybrid Versas

Also regarding tender changes and TfGM Hybrids it remains to be seen whether 484 will remain a TfGM Hybrid route once it transfers to Arriva as currently Bolton have still got one of the road as far as I know due to the fact that someone decided to put Diesel in Ad-Blue tanks causing quite a bit of damage, this happened a number of months back now from what I've been told and the vehicle still hasn't returned to service yet which tells me that its a big job
it wont be a problem next month first pr lose the stockport contracts to stm along with the hybrids
66855 did the honours of the 3 metroshutle this evening
Did wonder whether they would put full-sized single/double deckers on the Metroshuttle services, given the expected increased demand due to the Metrolink closure at St Peters Square. I would have thought they might have put it on the 2 rather than the 3.
I did see a B9TL on the MS2 once which took me by surprise, unfortunately I was with a group of people so I couldn't go chasing after it. This was a few months back now.

Can anyone confirm what has happened with 35102? I have heard it has been involved in a serious accident.
(29/06/2015 19:36)VolvoB10M Wrote:  I did see a B9TL on the MS2 once which took me by surprise, unfortunately I was with a group of people so I couldn't go chasing after it. This was a few months back now.

Can anyone confirm what has happened with 35102? I have heard it has been involved in a serious accident.

I'm sure I saw 35102 operating on the X80 this afternoon.
(30/06/2015 19:59)Dentonian Wrote:  Just to back this up. I'm reliably informed that 35102 was parked in the depot this morning, with absolutely no evidence of damage (or repairs) and no suggestion it had been "impounded" for any reason eg. a pedestrian being hit.

Sounds like someone making up silly stories.

I'm sure it was also in Ashton on Saturday afternoon on the 350.
(30/06/2015 19:59)Dentonian Wrote:  Just to back this up. I'm reliably informed that 35102 was parked in the depot this morning, with absolutely no evidence of damage (or repairs) and no suggestion it had been "impounded" for any reason eg. a pedestrian being hit.

Sounds like someone making up silly stories.

That's a relief. I will have to teach my mate a lesson for telling me that!
Free Wi-Fi to be rolled out across all First buses later this month, along with real-time information via the First Manchester website or First Bus app.

http://www.firstgroup.com/greater-manche...aunch-july
Looking on Traveline and the Forthcoming Timetables on the First website, there appears to be some changes amongst the summer timetables introduced:

*23/24 - Service 23 is withdrawn and partly replaced by service 24. Weekday off-peak and Saturday journeys to run between Thornham (Turks Head) and Manchester only. Peak time journeys will continue to/from Rochdale.
*81/81A - Times changed on service 81 with services 81/81A operating approximately every 15 minutes between Oldham and Manchester. Journeys to/from White Moss are re-routed to terminate at Moston, Gardeners Arms. 8 buses per hour will operate between Moston and Manchester, with gaps of 4, 6 or 10 mins in between (Buses depart Manchester at 03, 13, 17, 27, 33, 43, 47, 57).
*88 - Times changed in conjunction with services 81/81A with service operating every 14/16 mins between Manchester and White Moss. Services 81, 81A and 88 will operate a 4-6 minute frequency between Moston, Ben Brierley and Manchester.
*180/184/X80 - X80 service withdrawn with the 184 short journeys between Oldham and Manchester extended to/from Greenfield and numbered 180. 180/184 will now form 10 minute frequency between Greenfield station and Manchester calling at all stops.
*408 - Service to run a circular route in the Shaw area via Wren's Nest and Buckstones, partly replacing service 23. No changes to MCT/Stagecoach journeys.
*456 - Service to run as a circular route, continuing from Stubley to Rochdale via Halifax Road and Wardle. Journeys in opposite direction to run as 458.
*519 - Service extended from Bolton to Great Lever with some journeys numbered 520, replacing services 571/572.
*571/572 - Replaced by extended 519/520 services.
*X35 - Afternoon journeys to start from Piccadilly Gardens (stand E - same as 135) rather than Stevenson Square

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)