Current time: 26/06/2024, 07:51 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Northern Rail
RE: Northern Rail
Just for clarity, attached is link to the rosters for the 319's:

https://railm.blob.core.windows.net/webs...9-liv1.pdf

Credit: NW Sparks Blog & Rail Magazine.
Find all posts by this user
Oh what an interesting time today travelling from Manchester Airport - Crewe .

The train left Manchester Airport 12 minutes late , this was caused by train congestion at Manchester Piccadilly .

On arrival at Wilmslow we had to wait for a pendolino to Manchester and i was sure we was going to be following a service to Crewe as a train had pulled out of the Crewe bound manchester Platforms ahead of us .
As i was to find out we arrived at Alderley Edge just as the other direct Northern service pulled out alongside us in the same direction. Just prior to Chelford we passed the other Northern service something very strange about passing a train in the same direction on a two track railway , we was crossed back over to the normal track between Cherlford and Goostrey. I thought Bi-dirctional working was only for Emergency working not to get train services in the correct order.
(30/05/2015 19:04)wirralbus Wrote:  Oh what an interesting time today travelling from Manchester Airport - Crewe .

The train left Manchester Airport 12 minutes late , this was caused by train congestion at Manchester Piccadilly .

On arrival at Wilmslow we had to wait for a pendolino to Manchester and i was sure we was going to be following a service to Crewe as a train had pulled out of the Crewe bound manchester Platforms ahead of us .
As i was to find out we arrived at Alderley Edge just as the other direct Northern service pulled out alongside us in the same direction. Just prior to Chelford we passed the other Northern service something very strange about passing a train in the same direction on a two track railway , we was crossed back over to the normal track between Cherlford and Goostrey. I thought Bi-dirctional working was only for Emergency working not to get train services in the correct order.
There are loops at Chelford. The train in front was probably stopping at Chelford and Goostrey so would have stopped to let your train past.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
How far does the bi directional signalling on the line between Wilmslow and Crewe go ?
(01/06/2015 10:28)wirralbus Wrote:  How far does the bi directional signalling on the line between Wilmslow and Crewe go ?
Bi directional to Sandbach and then four track to Crewe.

There is currently a problem with the OHLE in the Garswood area and services are currently disrupted .

Some Liverpool - Blackpool services currently diverting via Newton le Willows .
A Tree had fell onto the Overhead Wires, Rail Replacement Buses/Vans are now out as i had Ashley Travel BIG 8021 on there into St Helens

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
This will be an occupational hazard with overhead wires , the weather in recent days has resembled November not June .
319374 arrived at Allerton last night from Wolverton.

According to this month's Today's Railways UK, all 20 of the initial batch of 319's should be in service by September which will then mean that the Liverpool - Blackpool service will be curtailed to Preston - not the best of timing given the fact it's Blackpool's busiest time of year.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)