Current time: 28/04/2024, 14:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Still haven't seen 22407 in Stockport
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19264 Freshly repainted in the corporate livery and in service around Ashton.
This one I guess won't be a Magic Bus anytime soon
22144/58/65/67 have gone to Wigleys, Barnsley for scrapping.
(22/04/2015 10:10)Benzo Wrote:  19264 Freshly repainted in the corporate livery and in service around Ashton.

Why did so many [23?] become Magic Buses at such a ''young age''?
(22/04/2015 11:03)mbonwick Wrote:  22144/58/65/67 have gone to Wigleys, Barnsley for scrapping.

I've seen some ex North East 'S' and 'T' reg MAN's pictured recently at a scrap yard[22172,22193,22201,22208 I think all ex North East although in their early days from here] but the only 3 ex Manchester ones I recall seeing photos of there were 22104,22132 and 22151.
(22/04/2015 15:58)gilbert Wrote:  Why did so many [23?] become Magic Buses at such a ''young age''?

Increasing competition from First along the 142 corridor, with a shift in passengers away from Stagecoach; the Enviro400s have been done so that the MagicBus operation is seen to be higher quality than previously.
(22/04/2015 10:10)Benzo Wrote:  19264 Freshly repainted in the corporate livery and in service around Ashton.

Are AZ short of deckers at the moment? Despite the new term at Tameside college the 236 seems to have once again been downgraded to Enviro200s while the 346 still sees Solos on a basis also seems to get Enviro400's allocated to it.
Also noticed last Friday that one of the late 216's was worked by a Trident.
(22/04/2015 16:59)mbonwick Wrote:  Increasing competition from First along the 142 corridor, with a shift in passengers away from Stagecoach; the Enviro400s have been done so that the MagicBus operation is seen to be higher quality than previously.
When I went down the ''corridor'' on another route,all the Magic Buses going the other way were very sparsely populated and some empty. There seem to be more older buses on other routes these days to make up for the shortfall as a result
I spotted a T-reg Magic Bus alongside an LX51 plate trident in oldham the other day on school services, the T-K?? Plate was still in Magic colours so not all are in reserve it seems.
The T reg Magic would be one of the 2 now running out of Middleton for use on Schools

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)