Current time: 26/06/2024, 00:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Northern Rail
RE: Northern Rail
319362 has been named Northern Powerhouse. Credit to Northern Rail's Facebook page
Find all posts by this user
(20/03/2015 17:15)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  319362 has been named Northern Powerhouse. Credit to Northern Rail's Facebook page

Is that the one George Osborne was photographed with today? Nice to see that this government hasn't forgotten about this part of the world and is investing in new rolling stock for us northerners. Oh, hang on, aren't these units cast-offs and already 25 years old?
(20/03/2015 22:34)Barney Wrote:  Is that the one George Osborne was photographed with today? Nice to see that this government hasn't forgotten about this part of the world and is investing in new rolling stock for us northerners. Oh, hang on, aren't these units cast-offs and already 25 years old?

Ok which would you prefer then these 25 year old 319's or 30 year old 142's.

Im sure there is a lot of people who will say they would prefer these 319's , there will then have to be another look at the units again within 10 years by whichever Government is in power then. The problem is transport is at the behest of all the cuts in subsidy budgets in the PTE areas which Northern deals with.
(21/03/2015 07:16)wirralbus Wrote:  Ok which would you prefer then these 25 year old 319's or 30 year old 142's.

Im sure there is a lot of people who will say they would prefer these 319's , there will then have to be another look at the units again within 10 years by whichever Government is in power then. The problem is transport is at the behest of all the cuts in subsidy budgets in the PTE areas which Northern deals with.

Cuts? What cuts? Have you any idea how much per capita is spent in London on public transport in comparison to the regions? Look it up; it will shock you. Finance seems no problem when it comes to investing in NB4L, Crossrail, rail infrastructure and rolling stock in the south east and London. If this or any other government genuinely wanted to improve connectivity in the north of England it would scrap HS2 and build HS3 straight away but that ain't going to happen. I suggest that you watch a BBC programme entitled 'Mind the Gap' presented by Evan Davis. It's available on Youtube.
(20/03/2015 22:34)Barney Wrote:  Is that the one George Osborne was photographed with today? Nice to see that this government hasn't forgotten about this part of the world and is investing in new rolling stock for us northerners. Oh, hang on, aren't these units cast-offs and already 25 years old?

That really is just the Tories taking the pi** out of the north west!
Didn't realize the site self-edits - usually do it myself but too annoyed this time
Noted outside Allerton Depot this afternoom were
No. 1 Road 319364 319365 319363 319380
No. 2 Road 319362
There were about five DMU sets on the depot roads at the east end.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Bit of a rare question this, anyone know if the pacers are coming off Chester to manc Piccadilly
(24/03/2015 23:13)cx04axy Wrote:  Bit of a rare question this, anyone know if the pacers are coming off Chester to manc Piccadilly

Unsure why you use the word rare but the answer at the moment is no as there are no spare 150 or 156.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(25/03/2015 06:37)childwallblues Wrote:  Unsure why you use the word rare but the answer at the moment is no as there are no spare 150 or 156.

Nor do I now.... but i suppose it was a good idea in my head at the time... and i cant be bothered to change it ... ive said it now LOL
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)