Current time: 27/09/2024, 23:18 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ACE Travel
RE: ACE Travel
It is noticeable that no ACE work has gone to Arriva, but Halton as well as Stagecoach have made notable expansions as a result.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(07/03/2015 09:33)Metroline1511 Wrote:  It is noticeable that no ACE work has gone to Arriva, but Halton as well as Stagecoach have made notable expansions as a result.

But that's often the case, not just in Merdeyside but also in greater Manchester, the majority of emergency tenders ended up with Stagecoach with others going to independants. It's similar with First in Manchester. Stagecoach seem best ecquipted to run the work at short notice.
Stagecoach have a load of 'loan drivers' that will work where ever they are required, away from their home depot, at any notice. Gillmoss have a few at the moment because of the ACE work.
(05/03/2015 19:51)Quackdave Wrote:  Not sure which vehicles are in use, I know I've definitely seen 303 and 304. I can see the buses from my office window so will keep an eye out. Although I can't see the numbers, they are identifiable by their tree deflectors - 302 has red, 303 has yellow, and 304 doesn't have one. (302 also has an extra bay of roof compared to the other two.) I think I've also seen one with undivided upper deck windscreen and old-style City Sightseeing branding, which could well be the Volvo, 301.

Looks like I was wrong about thinking I'd seen 301 : both it and 302 are untaxed since 25th February.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
As posted here, Enviro200 YX14RZG and MX14FUH are now with Stagecarriage of Grangetown for their increased amount of service work following the closure of Leven Valley. Both entered service today on their service 87 and 84 respectively.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
MX12 DYU has found a new home too: Norwich Buses Blog post
Ace Travels Open Top Service Ceased Last week, Without going into to much detail am told they where made to pull it of.

Anyway The Emergency Contracts are almost over so we should be finding out who will run the Contracts real soon, Here is a list of whats up for grabs

81 Bootle - Speke (Eve/Sun)
103 Aigburth Vale - Waterloo Interchange
119 Peir Head - Kirkby Admin
157 Rainford - Ashton
160 - 165 Formby Circulars
181 Bootle - Speke
201 Speke Morrisons - Liverpool Royal Hospital
211 Speke Circular (Saturday only) Service past to Peoplesbus
214/216 Walton Park Circulars
289 Rainhill Circular
290 Rainhill - Kirkby
500 Liverpool - Birkenhead (Night Bus)
501 Liverpool - New Brighton (Night Bus)
667 Austins School - Garston (School Service)
691 Kirkdale Station - Savio College (School Service)
693 Knowsley Village - Knowsley Park (School Service)
701 Crossens - Christ the King (School Service)
746 Southport - Christ the King (School Service)
800 Speke - Seaforth
839 Longview - Seaforth
881 Bootle - Speke Jaguar Factory
892 Liverpool One - Kirkby Industrial Estate

I will update this List every time Confirmed Information regarding who has the Service becomes Available.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(08/04/2015 02:23)bolton bus basher Wrote:  Ace Travels Open Top Service Ceased Last week, Without going into to much detail am told they where made to pull it of.

Anyway The Emergency Contracts are almost over so we should be finding out who will run the Contracts real soon, Here is a list of whats up for grabs

81 Bootle - Speke (Eve/Sun)
103 Aigburth Vale - Waterloo Interchange
119 Peir Head - Kirkby Admin
157 Rainford - Ashton
160 - 165 Formby Circulars
181 Bootle - Speke
201 Speke Morrisons - Liverpool Royal Hospital
211 Speke Circular (Saturday only) Service past to Peoplesbus
214/216 Walton Park Circulars
289 Rainhill Circular
290 Rainhill - Kirkby
500 Liverpool - Birkenhead (Night Bus)
501 Liverpool - New Brighton (Night Bus)
667 Austins School - Garston (School Service)
691 Kirkdale Station - Savio College (School Service)
693 Knowsley Village - Knowsley Park (School Service)
701 Crossens - Christ the King (School Service)
746 Southport - Christ the King (School Service)
800 Speke - Seaforth
839 Longview - Seaforth
881 Bootle - Speke Jaguar Factory
892 Liverpool One - Kirkby Industrial Estate

I will update this List every time Confirmed Information regarding who has the Service becomes Available.

Have heard from a Cumfybus driver that Cumfy have got the 81 Evening and Sunday services.
(08/04/2015 11:04)MX12CFE Wrote:  Have heard from a Cumfybus driver that Cumfy have got the 81 Evening and Sunday services.

I think the 81s are the only one Stagecoach put in for, dont hold me to that though.
(08/04/2015 16:09)Shaun821 Wrote:  I think the 81s are the only one Stagecoach put in for, dont hold me to that though.

They also got the 157 as well.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)