Current time: 04/05/2024, 22:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
I have seen one, it was on an older ALX400.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/02/2015 09:25)YSV-205 Wrote:  I've noticed over the last week or so that the "magic bus" yellow lettering on the front of the magic bus Tridents is being replaced with lettering saying something like "Brought to you by Stagecoach" in the regular Stagecoach style of lettering. I thought it very odd considering that the Tridents are very quickly disappearing. Why have Stagecoach done this now?

My first thought was that maybe they were doing it because those buses could be going to other UK Stagecoach companies so having the "magic bus" brand elsewhere, with potential passengers not necessarily knowing that magic bus is a Stagecoach company / branding. Any thoughts?
Not all of the tridents are departing, the branding is simply reflective of the new "magic bus" brand, of which not all students (the main customer of the magic bus manchester service) are aware that it is a Stagecoach service, and that they can use and purchase multi-journey tickets from the driver.
Not sure which one of the 2 it was but one of the 2 Magicbus Presidents was out tonight on 101s seen heading down Princess Road at about 19:45 this was obviously due to extreme late running of the original vehicle for the service due to major problems on M60 in Stockport area
(26/02/2015 22:14)M60lad Wrote:  Not sure which one of the 2 it was but one of the 2 Magicbus Presidents was out tonight on 101s seen heading down Princess Road at about 19:45 this was obviously due to extreme late running of the original vehicle for the service due to major problems on M60 in Stockport area

That would probably be 18290 running the (very) late 19.50.

17647 would also have been seen earlier on and also 17662 covering the 43s later on.
Noted 22186 still in service at the weekend on the 112. despite all the more modern buses that have been withdrawn over the last couple of weeks that one just seems to keep hanging on, and on, and on....
(02/03/2015 10:31)Owl Wrote:  Noted 22186 still in service at the weekend on the 112. despite all the more modern buses that have been withdrawn over the last couple of weeks that one just seems to keep hanging on, and on, and on....

And 22808 in Stockport. Quite a few of the old 'S' and 'T' regs sounded better than the 'V' and 'X' ones. These two are no exception.
(02/03/2015 13:35)gilbert Wrote:  And 22808 in Stockport. Quite a few of the old 'S' and 'T' regs sounded better than the 'V' and 'X' ones. These two are no exception.

22189 was always a decent bus when it was at AZ, never struggled with hills and seemed to have plenty of power. I'd much prefer 45 minutes on that every day than a Enviro.
Not so sure its down to the amount of work done back then on it (yes it was the 2005 Carlisle flood it got caught in) as Morecambe have withdrawn 22806 due to being a 'bad' un.
Suspect its more that 22808/819 are a pair of good'uns (or nobody has realised that they aren't DDA compliant yet!)
16949 still in service at Middleton - noted it on the 112 late yesterday afternoon. This suggests that it is not being used on the Salford Uni contract, Does anyone know how that contract is being operated now?
(05/03/2015 08:08)Owl Wrote:  16949 still in service at Middleton - noted it on the 112 late yesterday afternoon. This suggests that it is not being used on the Salford Uni contract, Does anyone know how that contract is being operated now?

It would probably have been worked by one of the other Middleton deckers, possibly one of the Magic Tridents. Last time I saw it on normal work it still carried external Salford Uni adverts so possibly still the official uni shuttle vehicle.

User(s) browsing this thread: 25 Guest(s)