Current time: 02/05/2024, 09:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(20/02/2015 20:53)Dentonian Wrote:  Whoa! Hang on. 17002/10/1 are in London on Rail replacement associated work, and 17243 is no longer a Stagecoach bus, and has never been a Stagecoach Manchester/Wigan bus. However, you mentioning 19088/9 does give some clue as to what might have happened. These are both Wigan buses, and as Wigan Schools are usually out of step with the rest of GM, I'm guessing it was their half-term last week. Wigan also have a higher proportion of schools work than other Stagecoach Manchester depots - hence a few to spare last week. The newer Enviro400s could have been made available by delaying repaint of cascaded Enviro400s into MagicBus livery, and I suppose a few others could have been resourced by not running 50 or 192 shorts, and dropping the odd 86.
I think you must be right about St. Peters Square as well. I don't get much chance to venture out at lunch time, but I did nip down to Chorlton Street and back up Portland Street to Lever Street, one day last week (I think it was Tuesday, actually), and I certainly didn't see any Metrolink replacement buses, and trams have certainly been running from Undercroft along Aytoun Street the whle time. The only thing I have noticed recently is more "double" trams off-peak.....leading to inevitable delays to buses and other traffic both on Aytoun Street and London Road.

Others have confirmed that 17002/10/1 had returned by last Tuesday - I saw all three in Piccadilly in the morning peak and, after a round trip on a 219 to Ashton, 350 to Oldham and an 83 back to Manchester, I saw all three again at Shudehill around 1600 hours. I did however get carried away with the 1724x Tridents, The four that were on Metrolink work were 17240, 17241, 17244 and 17245. I did not see 17242 nor , of course, 17243 which is not in Manchester as you rightly state. Apologies for that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/02/2015 01:02)SLTRegular Wrote:  There's a Freshly repainted? or so my eyes tell me Alx400 51 Plater at Wigan any Ideas?

That'll be 17511, it arrived on friday from Hyde Road. It's still got the "Shuttle Bus" stickers on it from Glasgow last summer.
Sorry Scania i saw the 51 Plater Earlier in the Week so it was a Different Corporate ALX

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
Just seen corporate liveried dual door 17497 heading along the main road in the direction of Ashton depot. Possible transfer?
(25/02/2015 15:16)joe_alker Wrote:  Just seen corporate liveried dual door 17497 heading along the main road in the direction of Ashton depot. Possible transfer?

I've seen a couple of Sharstons MMC Enviro400's leaving AZ over the last few weeks so could be simply be paying a visit. I believe part of the training school is based at Ashton so possibly something to do with that.

AZs own Tridents only seem to appear at peak or when their short and seem to spend the majority of their time on taxis. Although an Enviro400 has been used other the last few days!

Who knows though possibly a replacement for 22236?
50-branded E400H heading up from bottom of Hollins Road in Hollinwood this morning, heading to Oldham to start on 76 route.
(25/02/2015 19:27)SF07 Wrote:  50-branded E400H heading up from bottom of Hollins Road in Hollinwood this morning, heading to Oldham to start on 76 route.

Strange mix of buses on the X57 today including 17005,38-branded 19505 and a 256-branded bus which I didn't get close enough to identify.
I've noticed over the last week or so that the "magic bus" yellow lettering on the front of the magic bus Tridents is being replaced with lettering saying something like "Brought to you by Stagecoach" in the regular Stagecoach style of lettering. I thought it very odd considering that the Tridents are very quickly disappearing. Why have Stagecoach done this now?

My first thought was that maybe they were doing it because those buses could be going to other UK Stagecoach companies so having the "magic bus" brand elsewhere, with potential passengers not necessarily knowing that magic bus is a Stagecoach company / branding. Any thoughts?
(26/02/2015 09:25)YSV-205 Wrote:  I've noticed over the last week or so that the "magic bus" yellow lettering on the front of the magic bus Tridents is being replaced with lettering saying something like "Brought to you by Stagecoach" in the regular Stagecoach style of lettering. I thought it very odd considering that the Tridents are very quickly disappearing. Why have Stagecoach done this now?

My first thought was that maybe they were doing it because those buses could be going to other UK Stagecoach companies so having the "magic bus" brand elsewhere, with potential passengers not necessarily knowing that magic bus is a Stagecoach company / branding. Any thoughts?

I think it's just part of the new magic branding. I've noticed that some of the older Tridents also now carry Wifi bus stickers also, this also stuck me as a bit odd but obviously as First vehicles habe Wifi on along Wimslow road it's probably been done to make them as attractive as Firsts.

Intestingly I seem to remember that the 'brought to you by Stagecoach' vinyls were tried on some if the Dragons many years ago above the doors but were very quickly dropped.
(26/02/2015 11:09)Mayneway Wrote:  I think it's just part of the new magic branding. I've noticed that some of the older Tridents also now carry Wifi bus stickers also, this also stuck me as a bit odd but obviously as First vehicles habe Wifi on along Wimslow road it's probably been done to make them as attractive as Firsts.

Intestingly I seem to remember that the 'brought to you by Stagecoach' vinyls were tried on some if the Dragons many years ago above the doors but were very quickly dropped.

I not seen any MagicBuses with the "Brought to you by Stagecoach" on them, but most of the Megabus and Oxford Tube coaches have it on.

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)