Current time: 05/05/2024, 16:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
They must know the old livery is harder to clean. It also should be noted that a Northern 156 was tagged recently. Rather rare occurance compared Merseyrail's units
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(01/02/2015 12:17)jtd508110 Wrote:  They must know the old livery is harder to clean. It also should be noted that a Northern 156 was tagged recently. Rather rare occurance compared Merseyrail's units

It is known that some companies will not put into service trains that have been graffitied .
507001 and 507033 are working one of the 6 cars on the Ormskirk line this morning both have been graffitied 507001 on one of the driving cars and 507033 on the trailer car.
Just a quick question

Theres a lot of Rail Replacements coming up and i was wondering if anyone could tell me whos down to operate these?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Details of the upcoming interior refresh have emerged on the Liverpool Echo site today:
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/live...ns-8635124.

Starts in March and should take just over a year. Units will be treated in the newly built facility at Kirkdale.

The moquette looks a lot different but I quite like it - a big improvement over the current one which is awful. Nice to see the purple being removed from the carriage ends as well because this never looked right.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
(12/02/2015 17:23)507009 Wrote:  Details of the upcoming interior refresh have emerged on the Liverpool Echo site today:
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/live...ns-8635124.

Starts in March and should take just over a year. Units will be treated in the newly built facility at Kirkdale.

The moquette looks a lot different but I quite like it - a big improvement over the current one which is awful. Nice to see the purple being removed from the carriage ends as well because this never looked right.

I think that looks excellent. The new interior looks really bright and vibrant - I really like the choice of colours as it will match the exterior of the trains. I like the new moquette as well - I think the current moquette looks quite tired. It'll be interesting to see which unit is the first to receive the new interior

The addition of litter bins I think is another great idea - the only other thing I would have liked to have been included in the upgrade is the addition of WiFi
I Agree the Trains will look a hell of a lot smarter with this Refurb however the Seats look like they will still be uncomfy with little cushion

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
What does this mean though for trains to replace these units , reading between the lines customers still see these trains as OLD .
A few items that maybe of interest from the Merseytravel Committee Meeting today that involve Merseyrail.

Birkenhead North Park and Ride Site is to increase in size from 267 parking spaces to 637 parking spaces.

Maghull North : The project is to build a new station where School Lane, Maghull commercial areas of north Maghull and to provide a Park & Ride opportunity from the M58 motorway. The line has a typical service of trains at 15 minute intervals in both directions for much of the day with reduced frequencies in off peak times. The outline design will be delivered in 2015/16 providing a proven business case is determined and approved in March/April 2015.
(12/02/2015 20:42)wirralbus Wrote:  Maghull North : The project is to build a new station where School Lane, Maghull commercial areas of north Maghull and to provide a Park & Ride opportunity from the M58 motorway. The line has a typical service of trains at 15 minute intervals in both directions for much of the day with reduced frequencies in off peak times. The outline design will be delivered in 2015/16 providing a proven business case is determined and approved in March/April 2015.

That certainly is interesting. I think a station is definitely required at Maghull North and I hope that it goes ahead. A Park and Ride would be an excellent provision in my opinion I think that would only boost the use of a potential station there even further

I really hope this station is built and St James is re-opened in the next couple of years as I think both stations are definitely needed. It'll be interesting to see if the proposed station at Vauxhall is built as well

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)