Current time: 06/05/2024, 20:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Arriva Decker Influx
RE: The Arriva Decker Influx
(01/01/2015 19:19)Barney Wrote:  It's been reported on another thread that the new Enviro400s for the 10B are to go into service tomorrow and that SH's are expected to go into service on the 1st Feb when all SH drivers are type trained. Does anyone when BT's for the 52/52A are expected? As BT already has Enviro400s would it not make sense for them to receive the next new batch before SH?

There will be differences in the binnacle design between Bootle's current Enviro400s and the ones they are due to receive shortly so drivers will need to be familiarised with the new batch of Enviro400s too. Hope this helps!

The cab of Western Greyhound 401 (WK58 EAA):
https://www.flickr.com/photos/benbeaver95/3937798741/
Copyright "B.BPhotos"

The cab of Arriva London T243 (LJ61 LKO):
https://www.flickr.com/photos/britishbuses/15693521401/
Copyright "BristolRE2007"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
With more deckers due in future orders what depots and routes will they most probably goto
(24/01/2015 12:25)sth6168 Wrote:  With more deckers due in future orders what depots and routes will they most probably goto

I have seen a report on this forum that some are due for GL routes 12, 13 and 15 in the Autumn.
(07/02/2015 23:11)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I have seen a report on this forum that some are due for GL routes 12, 13 and 15 in the Autumn.

Yes - that's correct. Up to 37 are potentially due for Green Lane with the first possibly arriving in July and then the rest in the autumn. Possibly more double deckers for Speke this year as well
There was a comment on the Arriva NW facebook page last week along the lines of 'sorting out the 26/27' in the context of the 36 St Helens deckers. Not sure what this meant, but surely they can't be considering deckers for this route too? Pulsars seem to be sufficient from whenever I've used it?..
(07/02/2015 23:38)SL64 JDZ (4593) Wrote:  Yes - that's correct. Up to 37 are potentially due for Green Lane with the first possibly arriving in July and then the rest in the autumn. Possibly more double deckers for Speke this year as well

Makes sense to allocate more to Speke. They still have a few Cadets and the ex Welsh Commanders will be ten years old. Whilst this is not old compared to other depots these buses are operating on high capacity routes like the 75 and 80.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
I think speke should get more deckers and release the cadets and commanders to st helens to oust some of the X reg stuff as the commanders would be ideal for replacing the b10bles that went to green lane and the ones that's left at st helens could be withdrawn which could then use the commanders on the 34/34a and 89.
(07/02/2015 23:38)SL64 JDZ (4593) Wrote:  Yes - that's correct. Up to 37 are potentially due for Green Lane with the first possibly arriving in July and then the rest in the autumn. Possibly more double deckers for Speke this year as well

While it would make sense for these to be more E40Ds to "Max lite" spec, I hope these are to MMC spec. Mind you, perhaps they will be something even more exotic like StreetDecks or even Optare MetroDeckers!
(08/02/2015 19:45)Metroline1511 Wrote:  While it would make sense for these to be more E40Ds to "Max lite" spec, I hope these are to MMC spec. Mind you, perhaps they will be something even more exotic like StreetDecks or even Optare MetroDeckers!

They're definitely Enviro400s - unsure whether they're the Euro V or Euro VI variant though. I'll try and find out
Seen 2 brand new enviro 400 heading down the M6 past the wigan turn off manchester bound at 09:30 this morning.

User(s) browsing this thread: