Current time: 02/05/2024, 06:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(05/02/2015 20:25)Mayneway Wrote:  Are they much shorter than the older Manchester examples? I'm sure they tried a Trident when they took over the Longendale school service several years ago and ended up using the ex Maynes Scania's then the Bullocks Palatine Olympian and then finally 16090.

For some reason Stagecoach have always used a single decker on the 700 but I'm sure it dosen't go under a low bridge as like I said Speedwell often used there deckers on it.

the 700 isnt a tfgm spec contract its a private one like the 37 stotts operate with a h or j reg b10 citybus the spec afaik is for a min of 40 seats and the same bus at all times unless vor (like yellow buses supposed to) but has to fit broadbottom bridge. at the time stagey took over it sk depot had the most spare drivers so was given to them as az was struggling a lil bit at peak. when speedwell had it they were supposed to use a marshall dart or 2 varios but often at the end cut corners using 1 vario
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The short wheelbase Tridents (TAS) are 9.9m instead of 10.6m on a normal Trident.
(26/01/2015 15:50)M60lad Wrote:  From what I've been told the following vehicles have been withdrawn from Middleton Depot and gone into storage:

33873 is still at Middleton recieving attention before it goes

And 33875 is being written off after it was involved in the accident in Moston

Also all 12 of Middleton Decker allocation should now be allocated to mainly School duties and the following will in theory be allocated to their service work:

Enviro200s will be allocated mainly to 156 & 171s
MANs and Enviro300s allocated to 112/114/118s
Primos 115/116/173/194/196s

I am shocked about the early withdrawal of the ex-Bluebird MCVs. On Tuesday evening I saw a Trident in Oldham Street with digital displays for route 112 to Middleton.

(05/02/2015 19:32)VolvoB10M Wrote:  Here's the answer.
http://www.geoff-ripleysbuscoachsales.com/sales.html

Two vehicles described here as Leyland Olympians are actually ex-London Titans T523 and T1077!

With more E40D-MMCs entering service at SH, I have seen two on route 84, which has recently been all Enviro400/ E40D-MMC. I wonder whether SH are losing MAN-ALX300s now?
(05/02/2015 20:58)james Wrote:  the 700 isnt a tfgm spec contract its a private one like the 37 stotts operate with a h or j reg b10 citybus the spec afaik is for a min of 40 seats and the same bus at all times unless vor (like yellow buses supposed to) but has to fit broadbottom bridge. at the time stagey took over it sk depot had the most spare drivers so was given to them as az was struggling a lil bit at peak. when speedwell had it they were supposed to use a marshall dart or 2 varios but often at the end cut corners using 1 vario

The 36/37 that Stotts operate are for Oldham Hulme Grammer school not Bluecoat. For many years Stotts operated them commercially but they now run as private hires organised directly by the school. I'm told that pupils need to pre book to use the services each term and the only spec for the contracts is that every pupil must have a seat and I think more recently the school has insisted on seatbelts hence why the elderly G and J reg ex Cardiff Scania's are used as they have been fitted with seatbelts.

I think the Bluecoat services are slightly different. Stotts used to run most if the services commercially but I know Stagecoach took over the 127 from Mottram a few years ago at the same time they picked up the 700. Intestingly they often use a MAN on the 127 in the mornings and there's plenty of kids standing so I would think the only reason ST use the B10M is because of the bridge at Broadbottom.

As it's a 'private' contract obviously no age limits apply and I assume it's also not effected by the DDA rules coming into force, but it must be a juicy contract for Stagecoach to keep two elderly high floor vehicles, that soon won't be able to be used on anything else, roadworthy for a school contract.
On Friday I saw Olympian 16798 near Arndale on 112 at about 1610.
(07/02/2015 22:52)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I am shocked about the early withdrawal of the ex-Bluebird MCVs. On Tuesday evening I saw a Trident in Oldham Street with digital displays for route 112 to Middleton.

Technically the MCVs haven't been withdrawn they have gone into reserve and are currently stored at Wigan. While I agree that the chances of them seeing further service in Manchester seem low you just never know.
However I'm told they have a very high break down rate so it seems understandable to pull them out of service given the service cuts. Makes more sense than throwing loads of money and work into them. Just look at 28506/7 at Ashton. Stagecoach have tried several times to get these roadworthy and they appear then very quickly disappear again.

Interestingly the much hated Primo's seem to be staying out of bother. I've heard on the grapevine that one has even become the new 'Weathefield Wayfarer' Smile
One is the new coronation street bus; primos are staying cause they're only 60plates and tender spec
(08/02/2015 00:10)jimbo Wrote:  One is the new coronation street bus; primos are staying cause they're only 60plates and tender spec

49891 has been used for filming recently I'm told. Whether this Primo becomes the dedicated corrie bus or they just send any one of the Primo's down for filming when required is yet to be known.

Interesting that they have taken the job away from Ashton in favour of Middleton. Is this another result of the Middleton service cuts?
Tbh it is an office staff member who is driving it so not a normal driver
One of the loan Alx400s 18110 or 111 on the 237 Night bus lastnight

User(s) browsing this thread: 20 Guest(s)