Current time: 06/05/2024, 14:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
Additional Cadets, to replace Darts, would suit the St Helens operation very well as I've said in the past. I believe the gas bus rumour for Runcorn was just that though MM, certainly heard no confirmation of it after it was originally posted anyway.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
With it only being rumours about streetkites and sthelens recent getting a batch of solos and now 26 deckers with the time expired x regs up this year I would presume sthelens.
Would have had enough new vehicles. So other depots like Chester. unicorn Bangor may cascading cadets here which are suitable for sthelens
(25/01/2015 08:22)sth6168 Wrote:  With it only being rumours about streetkites and sthelens recent getting a batch of solos and now 26 deckers with the time expired x regs up this year I would presume sthelens.
Would have had enough new vehicles. So other depots like Chester. unicorn Bangor may cascading cadets here which are suitable for sthelens

Unicorns are a good idea ye, would be cheaper to run.
Cadet 2550 is now here.

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17
(26/01/2015 12:32)sth77 Wrote:  Cadet 2550 is now here.
Its out on 32 today
2701- 2710 have only a year life left do you really think green lane will accept them
(26/01/2015 18:51)sth6168 Wrote:  2701- 2710 have only a year life left do you really think green lane will accept them

A lot of buses move to new depots shortly before they are due to be withdrawn. Green Lane are due brand new replacements for the the Myllenniums and Renowns late this year or early next year anyway
(26/01/2015 18:51)sth6168 Wrote:  2701- 2710 have only a year life left do you really think green lane will accept them

Not 100% sure how things work over in the north west, but I assume it's similar to Arriva North East's operations?

I think they can 'reject' a vehicle on the grounds that it is not mechanically fit for service - but I'm not sure if they could turn vehicles down for only having a short while left in them?

Please check out my Flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/127739730@N02/. Photos from around the North East. (Updated Rarely).
(26/01/2015 23:19)Marcus Green Wrote:  Not 100% sure how things work over in the north west, but I assume it's similar to Arriva North East's operations?

I think they can 'reject' a vehicle on the grounds that it is not mechanically fit for service - but I'm not sure if they could turn vehicles down for only having a short while left in them?

Generally vehicles are withdrawn at 15 years old in the North West. I don't think as you say vehicles can be rejected on grounds of their age. For example Green Lane depot received two R-reg Plaxton Prestiges which were 14 years old at the time in the winter of 2011/2 after being refurbished - I think they were withdrawn less than a year later
(27/01/2015 00:14)SL64 JDZ (4593) Wrote:  Generally vehicles are withdrawn at 15 years old in the North West. I don't think as you say vehicles can be rejected on grounds of their age. For example Green Lane depot received two R-reg Plaxton Prestiges which were 14 years old at the time in the winter of 2011/2 after being refurbished - I think they were withdrawn less than a year later

You mention those two Prestiges were refurbished shortly before withdrawal - I know Go North East recently repainted a lot of their vehicles and gave some a refurb - which are due to go in a couple of years.

Is it possible Arriva North West did this to up their value?

Please check out my Flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/127739730@N02/. Photos from around the North East. (Updated Rarely).

User(s) browsing this thread: 25 Guest(s)