Current time: 27/09/2024, 20:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Northern Rail
RE: Northern Rail
(15/01/2015 18:54)St Helens Rider Wrote:  A last found a full picture of 319 in Northern Livery:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124397326@...GVR-mP6MBH

Credit: Andrew Gwilt.

Looks fantastic cant wait for them to enter service!
Find all posts by this user
Looks good that livery , its the start of a new era in local rail transport in Northern England.
(16/01/2015 07:13)MX12CFE Wrote:  Looks fantastic cant wait for them to enter service!

That pic someone mentions merseyrail are getting some 319's...so merseyrail ain't getting brand new stock then?
Merseyrail getting 319s is new news to me and with no cited source, I'd take the comment with a pinch of salt. Particularly as the poster is still under the impression that Northern are to take on just 14 units (which has been upped to 20).

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(16/01/2015 12:49)E208 WBG Wrote:  That pic someone mentions merseyrail are getting some 319's...so merseyrail ain't getting brand new stock then?

I don't think Merseyrail will be getting any Class 319s as I believe that the units not transferring to Northern Rail are transferring to First Great Western
Northern (or its successors) will certainly need more than the 20 units quoted when Blackpool North to Manchester/Stalybridge/Huddersfield is electrified. I would imagine that all the 319/3 (26) plus the 319/0 (13) will come to the North West. Some of the 319/2 (7) and 319/4 (40) may come to the North West if more are required.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
I believe 20 is just the initial movement with anything further waiting until after the franchise changes hands to be decided upon. If more 319s than the additional 20 were to move up then I would hope and expect they see a significant refurbishment in lieu of any new stock for the region. Northern's refurbishment is to a fair standard but not substantial enough for the units to be reasonable alternatives to new stock in the long run.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
The photo isn't his anyway, I know that..

That fact aside, Both 319361 and 319380 Went to Wolverton to receive refurb
(16/01/2015 19:48)R311 WVR Wrote:  The photo isn't his anyway, I know that..

That fact aside, Both 319361 and 319380 Went to Wolverton to receive refurb
What was your source of information about 319380. I ask as this unit is not one of the first 14. I was told from a reliable source that it had gone off lease and into store.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(16/01/2015 20:36)childwallblues Wrote:  What was your source of information about 319380. I ask as this unit is not one of the first 14. I was told from a reliable source that it had gone off lease and into store.

My source was my eyes, I saw it go down there, It may of not gone for refurb, It may of just took 361 down, But I saw it go to Wolverton from Allerton.

There was, later on the day I saw it a Wolverton to Allerton which could of been 380 returning to Allerton to continue driver training.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 22 Guest(s)