Current time: 16/06/2024, 19:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ACE Travel
RE: ACE Travel
(24/11/2014 15:44)mathias Wrote:  According to Route One magazine, Mistral Bus and Coach have ordered 34 buses from Alexander-Dennis in a deal worth £4m.
24 of these will be Enviro200s and are expected to be delivered to various operators within the next six months.

Needless to say, one of these operators is ACE Travel.
From Route One's website....
http://www.route-one.net/industry/orders...-vehicles/

This seems to be in line with ACE's policy of having in-service buses of less than three years' of age.
As described in a news item from 2012 from Mistral's website.....
http://www.mistral-bus.com/mistral-bus-c...-travel-2/

Will be interesting to see if they are the original model or the all new Enviro 200 that has just been launched!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Looks like Ace are introducing a new route 36 between Liverpool and Belle Vale from February. It'll be interesting to see what route this will take.
(12/12/2014 09:57)Phil Wrote:  Looks like Ace are introducing a new route 36 between Liverpool and Belle Vale from February. It'll be interesting to see what route this will take.

Could be the same as the 38 but we will have to wait and see. I think a good idea would be a circular in one way and back out via a different route.
Ace decided to run the 38 Liverpool-Halewood on boxing day and new years day it wasnt scheduled to run in the Merseytravel Christmas leaflet so must have been a lat minute decision to run it heard it didnt carry very much.
(05/01/2015 07:15)MX12CFE Wrote:  Ace decided to run the 38 Liverpool-Halewood on boxing day and new years day it wasnt scheduled to run in the Merseytravel Christmas leaflet so must have been a lat minute decision to run it heard it didnt carry very much.
From what I have seen the 38 does not carry many passengers even at peak times

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(05/01/2015 08:01)childwallblues Wrote:  From what I have seen the 38 does not carry many passengers even at peak times

It's not particularly useful to anybody other than pensioners. Even those with pre paid Merseytravel passes are more likely to get the 79 because it is a) much more frequent and b) established; everybody knows where the 79 goes whereas a lot are not even aware of the 38, plus the fact that given the high frequencies of 79s, the 38 is often followed by one or sandwiched between a few, so everybody opts for what they know. It's a shame, but I think there is a degree of nievety trying to take on such a well established and well served corridor.
(05/01/2015 08:01)childwallblues Wrote:  From what I have seen the 38 does not carry many passengers even at peak times

I've never seen a fully laden 38 but I have seen quite a few journeys with respectable loads. There must be a market for the 38 otherwise i think Ace would have got rid of it by now.
Any ideas what this 36 is yet
(05/01/2015 11:17)E208 WBG Wrote:  Any ideas what this 36 is yet

Didn't Liverline operate a route 36 to Garston? Perhaps Ace will follow this route then branch off to Belle Vale. Or maybe it could be a simple variation of the 38.

All should be revealed soon!
The 38 was listed on the Boxing Day services I saw

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)