Current time: 06/05/2024, 16:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
(19/12/2014 11:08)Daniel Anderton Wrote:  47336 just passed me on ormskirk road, not sure where it's heading!

A number of solos from Chorley and Gillmoss I believe, have been hopping to and from Birkenhead for repaint over the last few weeks

I am no longer active on this forum.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(20/12/2014 19:45)R879 HRF Wrote:  A number of solos from Chorley and Gillmoss I believe, have been hopping to and from Birkenhead for repaint over the last few weeks

Ah right thanks for clearing that up, what you said makes sense as it carried on down the A59 towards Liverpool bypassing the turning for Gillmoss.

It would appear that one of the Wrexham bluebirds has gone from the line within GM as when I last went to the depot there was a line of 7 and two on the back fence whereas there is now a line of 6 and 2 at the back. Whilst there I could not see the other one but is could have been hiding somewhere.
(20/12/2014 20:37)Daniel Anderton Wrote:  It would appear that one of the Wrexham bluebirds has gone from the line within GM as when I last went to the depot there was a line of 7 and two on the back fence whereas there is now a line of 6 and 2 at the back. Whilst there I could not see the other one but is could have been hiding somewhere.
Interesting, they must have actually decided to do something with them (or at least one!)

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)
(21/12/2014 11:32)Garsty Wrote:  Interesting, they must have actually decided to do something with them (or at least one!)

CX02 EGJ is (according to a post in the Welsh newsgroup) now at Blackwood depot in Gwent
Would guess at B10M replacement for Welsh school contracts.

I assume standing is prohibited on the Bluebirds? If so they'll be classed as coaches so DDA exempt until 2017.
(21/12/2014 15:13)mbonwick Wrote:  Would guess at B10M replacement for Welsh school contracts.

I assume standing is prohibited on the Bluebirds? If so they'll be classed as coaches so DDA exempt until 2017.

As far as I know , Stagecoach still have a few ex Islwyn BT MANs at Blackwood which are used on school contracts and due for replacing, so maybe they have got this one as a trial short term replacement?
No ex-IBT MANs are still in service.

All the Vectras have been sold, and the low floor assortment are all in reserve.
(21/12/2014 15:44)mbonwick Wrote:  No ex-IBT MANs are still in service.

All the Vectras have been sold, and the low floor assortment are all in reserve.

Oh have they all gone, in that case no idea why they would want it. Must be desperate for a vehicle tho or have a wierd sence of humour
Is Gillmoss operating buses on Wirral Christmas Day like previous years or will Rock Ferry operate them this time around
(21/12/2014 17:01)tallguy9 Wrote:  Oh have they all gone, in that case no idea why they would want it. Must be desperate for a vehicle tho or have a wierd sence of humour

As I said before, B10M replacements are a good possibility.

Wales have a number of 63 seat B10Ms for schools, and clearly with DDA legislation these must be gone by the end of 2015. Given that (I assume) the Bluebirds are classed as coaches, then they are OK to be used until 2020.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)