Current time: 04/05/2024, 10:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Apparently due to a vehicle fire Moston Lane was closed tonight between Kenyon Lane and Nuthurst Road with all services diverted via Lightbowne Road in both directions, uncofirmed reports I've heard are stating it was a Stagecoach Manchester vehicle involved but not sure how true this is and if it is which vehicle was involved
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Are PVS allowed to sell parts off the Leylands or is that against the regulations? (Euro 0)
It was a stagecoach vehicle old MAN; that's all I know thoufh
168/9 running very late around 4pm yesterday, after a Trident left Ashton early I was left waiting for the 4.15pm bus which didn't turn up until 4.40pm and was 22144. Overtaken by a 168 and a 169 by the time got to Droylsden?
(16/12/2014 08:13)joe_alker Wrote:  168/9 running very late around 4pm yesterday, after a Trident left Ashton early I was left waiting for the 4.15pm bus which didn't turn up until 4.40pm and was 22144. Overtaken by a 168 and a 169 by the time got to Droylsden?

It may have had something to do with the chaos in Ashton bus station earlier on. I caught the 169 into Ashton just before 12 and it was bang on time but due to part of the bus station being closed for pedestrian crossing re-painting buses were queing for 10 minutes just to get on some stands. I saw the driver of a 346 driving round in circles over and over again trying to find a clear stand to alight his passengers.

I don't know if passenger numbers actually increase the week before Christmas - it certainly seems so, but it seems like a crazy time of the year to be closing any part of the bus station for maintenance.
I can't find anything about a bus on fire in the news except Citaros, anyone else heard anything in the news yet?
FM33 operating on the 7 today:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/74758736@N08/16049676821
Makes a change if it was on 7s as since Stockport got FM33 its spent most of its time on 322 Stockport-Haughton Green service, good to see its getting out and about though
(13/12/2014 15:48)Dentonian Wrote:  Could be. This is the first report of 17504 seeing service with SGM.

Noted 17504 on Charlestown Road last night, so it seems to be getting a regular at Middleton. Also 16971 parked in the turning circle, so it does not seem to have made it's move north yet.

I was surprised to see 17497 at the Gardeners arms in Stagecoach corporate livery rather than Magic. Does anyone have any idea if this is happening to other buses in that batch?
Not sure how long Sharston have had it but 17175 was out on 104s yesterday doing 15:46 Piccadilly-Wythenshawe and 16:59 Wythenshawe-Piccadilly services

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)