Current time: 18/05/2024, 14:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
With sc running the extra X8 to cheshire Oaks,can't understand why Arriva do not provide a service
they have missed the boat on this money maker

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Im not honestly sure whether they are actually interested in running services to Chester any more , it just feels like there going through the motions with regards the service 2.
Arriva arent allowed on McArthur Glenn land thats why they have never run a service through Cheshire Oaks. Apparently a falling out that happen a long time ago between the 2 of them
I'm guessing this just relates to Cheshire Oaks and no other McArthur Glenn Outlet Shopping Centres as I know Arriva still call in the one in York (out the area I know but just saying)
I must be wrong then. I heard the rumour a few years back and always thought it to be true. I apologise.
(17/11/2014 22:31)Shaun821 Wrote:  Arriva arent allowed on McArthur Glenn land thats why they have never run a service through Cheshire Oaks. Apparently a falling out that happen a long time ago between the 2 of them

Hence the abrupt departure of the 401/2 and 418/9 and 459 , remember when all of them used to go to Cheshire Oaks .
Spotted one of Birkenhead's Gemini's on the 492 earlier today and it's LED display on the front seemed to have fallen on one side obscuring the bottoms left quarter of the display. It looked like a modern version of dodgy roller blinds when they got caught in the mechanism.
(18/11/2014 07:09)M60lad Wrote:  I'm guessing this just relates to Cheshire Oaks and no other McArthur Glenn Outlet Shopping Centres as I know Arriva still call in the one in York (out the area I know but just saying)
(18/11/2014 08:52)Shaun821 Wrote:  I must be wrong then. I heard the rumour a few years back and always thought it to be true. I apologise.

Yes, it was more of a case that Arriva only served Cheshire Oaks if they got the desired patronage, when they didn't, they pulled the routes that served there. I think there were even plans for the 404 to serve there at one time (if it didn't already) too.

On a totally unrelated note, I've had an Optare Solo on the 495 every day this week, a poor allocation for the morning peak journeys, every journey has had a standing load. I understand though they're probably more than ideal for the less used daytime journeys though.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Yesterday i saw that one on the 495 as well and thought it was a bit small , there was no standing on the one i saw , but every row of seats onboard looked like it was taken when i saw it at the halfweay House junction .

Today i saw one of the Wirral hybrids operating in just diesel mode , do they go into this mode when there is a problem with the hybrid systems.
Former Welsh Commander CX54 EPK (2505) on the 492 this morning.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)