Current time: 05/05/2024, 10:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
86 to be re-routed back via Bonsall Road on journeys towards Chorlton to serve Birley Fields campus from 26 October, while minor timetable changes to services 11/11A, 370 and X41 in preparation for the opening of the new Altrincham Interchange.

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/tis-service...px?id=3457
http://www.stagecoachbus.com/tis-service...px?id=3456
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/10/2014 17:30)Mayneway Wrote:  There's always been those who love and those who hate the MANs. I think one of the big grudges drivers had with them was that the driver position was very low, I'm told on the 54 and 06 reg MANs it's even lower, the big overhang at the rear another downside.
When you consider the original batch and thier age it's very obvious Stagecoach have had thier monies worth out of them and if it wasn't for age restrictions on contracts and DDA ect I reckon these buses would last another 10 years.

They might do if they are sold on like the Dragons, the ones I have heard don't sound too good but that's just from hearing them pass by in the city centre. Is there any way to know where they're going to be running? If there are any still going.
(17/10/2014 19:27)VolvoB10M Wrote:  They might do if they are sold on like the Dragons, the ones I have heard don't sound too good but that's just from hearing them pass by in the city centre. Is there any way to know where they're going to be running? If there are any still going.

Ashton still has one active S reg and one T reg with the others being 54 reg. They normally work 347's during the day then do afternoon peak 236/237's, but it's often pot luck what works what.
The X reg examples at ST tended to turn up on 7's quite often during the day.

Incidentally, does anyone know where 22189 is these days. It's been at AZ for a good coupl of years but not seen it recently. It has the unusual air vents on the engine cover door at the rear.
Any left at Middleton? It can take up to 3 hours for me to get to Ashton.
(17/10/2014 00:27)VolvoB10M Wrote:  Would 20982 have been on school duties or is it a driver trainer now?

I would have thought school duties - no sign of 'L' plates.
(17/10/2014 21:10)Dentonian Wrote:  The allocation is still as fluid as ever, but I have 22133 as the last "old" MAN at MN. There are about five at HE, which I would guess the best bet for seeing these would be the 15. Incidentally, 22189 is officially in reserve.

Interesting to see the 347 is now (again) the main haunt for some of the oldest buses in the fleet, after the fanfare of the new Enviro200s three years ago. That said, and forget what they are licensed to carry, I suspect MANs can accomodate more standees than Enviro200s.

Only two of the oldest MANs remain at AZ along with a number of much younger 54 reg ones which also regularly work the 347. To be fair though the 347 has come along way in the last couple of years with Enviro400's the main stay on the service, obviously Enviro200's and MANs still do workings but it's not strictly Enviro200's like it was when they first arrived.
(17/10/2014 00:27)VolvoB10M Wrote:  Would 20982 have been on school duties or is it a driver trainer now?

20982 does 700 from glossop to oldham bluecoat schools and operates from stockport depot (a lot of dead miles)
Are the only B10M's Stagecoach run in public service in Inverness?
(17/10/2014 23:16)VolvoB10M Wrote:  Are the only B10M's Stagecoach run in public service in Inverness?

no carlise kent and some other division still have a good load left
Where are the nearest to Manchester apart from Wigan?

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)