Current time: 02/05/2024, 02:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(16/10/2014 08:33)Owl Wrote:  The swap must have only just occurred then, as I saw 33856 out in service on the same journey that I saw 39642.

On paper and in reality are different things....remember that reserve vehicles (if appropriate) retain tax/MoT etc for use as/when required.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
@M60lad they are desperate a lot; all the old buses are at mid depot; so they break down a lot... Constantly at least 5 VOR'd... Stagecoach seem to be running their "Low cost depot" at very low cost; as they're not spending on the buses...
I have seen a report that 26130 is back following rebuild. Does anyone have any information on what it, and it's stablemate 26131 are up to? Given some of the buses that Middleton are operating it sems odd to have a couple of relatively modern buses not in use.
Ye I have seen a few Magic Bus Olympians in service, one was on the 112 a few weeks back. They are grand machines (although a nuisance if you have a pram/wheelchair) and they seem a lot bigger than modern day deckers.
(16/10/2014 13:22)Owl Wrote:  I have seen a report that 26130 is back following rebuild. Does anyone have any information on what it, and it's stablemate 26131 are up to? Given some of the buses that Middleton are operating it sems odd to have a couple of relatively modern buses not in use.

What happened to 26130 was that the fire damaged Dart?

(16/10/2014 13:58)Polo Mint Wrote:  Ye I have seen a few Magic Bus Olympians in service, one was on the 112 a few weeks back. They are grand machines (although a nuisance if you have a pram/wheelchair) and they seem a lot bigger than modern day deckers.

They seem to be more reliable than more modern vehicles. Rosso have some still running in daily use but have scrapped 10 year old MAN's because of there unreliability and lack of available parts.
(16/10/2014 14:12)VolvoB10M Wrote:  What happened to 26130 was that the fire damaged Dart?

It's one of the two '07 plate Plaxton Centros that Bluebird operated, and was fire damaged shortly before the takeover.
Before: https://www.flickr.com/photos/68628359@N04/9570374094/
After: https://www.flickr.com/photos/chriswhite...182028752/
Does anyone know what caused the fire? It looks like the exhaust was originally behind the bumper.

(16/10/2014 15:45)Dentonian Wrote:  It might have been "relaxed" by Stagecoach, but not by TFGM, who would impose penalties, if their Service Accounts had evidence provided. That said, I'm not a believer in arbitary age limits for contracts. As a passenger, I would much prefer a 16/17 year old bus with cushioned seats to a 10 year old (eg. 33100) spine breaking Dart.

I was once on one of the earlier Enviro 300's (27599/27600), it had stopped outside the depot for a driver change and the engine was off. Whist waiting there one of the 3 Middleton Volvo Olympians (P-GND) turned out of the depot and passed the bus, I could feel the vibrations of the Olympian as it passed by through the back of the seat.
(16/10/2014 15:45)Dentonian Wrote:  It might have been "relaxed" by Stagecoach, but not by TFGM, who would impose penalties, if their Service Accounts had evidence provided. That said, I'm not a believer in arbitary age limits for contracts. As a passenger, I would much prefer a 16/17 year old bus with cushioned seats to a 10 year old (eg. 33100) spine breaking Dart.
As a passenger, so would I. The 'S' reg MAN's are by and large much more pleasant to ride in than quite a lot of their younger brethren.
(16/10/2014 19:29)gilbert Wrote:  As a passenger, so would I. The 'S' reg MAN's are by and large much more pleasant to ride in than quite a lot of their younger brethren.

Are they quite slow I haven't managed to get any in a long while, it's always Tridents and Darts running when I go up to Middleton.

User(s) browsing this thread: 28 Guest(s)