Current time: 08/05/2024, 23:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Not sure if its an odd working or not but 17244 has been out on on late 88s tonight, it did 20:55 Piccadilly-Cheetham Hill Thomas Street service
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I saw 17245 out of service with about 6-10 staff on it in Bury interchange yesterday (4/9).
(25/06/2014 21:11)Dentonian Wrote:  Hmm! IF there is a planned increase, I would have thought it was confidential - certainly until tht 56 days notice period starts (logically 5th July). And, as I have said before, demand will fall next year, with MMU moving to Birley Fields

I Believe that there are currently 18 ex-London Tridents, being repainted into MagicBus livery, for use on NEW MagicBus routes!, which are to remain they dual door layout in attempt to provide a faster service.
(07/09/2014 17:54)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  I Believe that there are currently 18 ex-London Tridents, being repainted into MagicBus livery, for use on NEW MagicBus routes!, which are to remain they dual door layout in attempt to provide a faster service.

the new route you refer to is the 141 to link brierly field (new campus) with the halls of residence in didsbury
PVR for the 141 is supposed to be 13.

E40D MMCs aren't due till November.
I was told 13, but that could well actually mean PVR 10 and 3 spares...
(09/09/2014 09:58)Dentonian Wrote:  I'd worked it out as 10, with the now common practice of dropping to every 11/12 minutes when traffic is heaviset, to save on resources.

It looks like the loaned Enviro400s will be around a bit longer then! The E40Ds were originally reported as due "Sept/Oct", but another forum suggested this might be brought forward.

Finally, I was slightly wrong with Stockport's E20Ds as 37158/61 have not yet been reported in service.

37158 was noted in the workshops at Stockport on Saturday, there was no sign of 37161 during the couple of hours I was there but all the rest were noted in service.
Timetable for the 141 is now on the TfGM website. Service will run every 10 mins between 0730 and 0900 and between 1600 and 1800 with buses in between running every 12 mins. Early morning and early evening journeys run every 15 mins with last buses around 1920.

http://www.tfgm.com/journey_planning/RouteMaps/141.pdf
I have seen at least 3 Enviro200/Enviro300 on Middleton services (routes 112 &118).

Which vehicles and how many of these vehicles have been moved to Middleton?

This route 141 was kept a secret, is it open to the public or only MMU students? Its a shame the bus doesn't carry onto to Piccadilly as I imagine there will be an increase volume of students heading from central Manchester to the new Uni.
The 141 seems a bit underdone to be honest, not serving Piccadilly, not running at weekends or in holidays... and it's not a night bus either which is daft.

User(s) browsing this thread: 51 Guest(s)