Current time: 03/05/2024, 07:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(25/08/2014 20:18)M60lad Wrote:  Apparently according to a good friend of mine who's in engineering at Middleton Depot 22819 is now allocated to Hyde Road Depot and has been for the last 3 months

I travelled home from Ashton on it last week on the 169 so it's at Hyde road presently.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/08/2014 18:20)Mayneway Wrote:  I think they were sold to raise money to fix short term finance problems. The Enviro 400 was the companies pride and joy so getting rid of it was certainly a sign of the times - I think at the time JPT claimed via thier Facebook page that newer Enviro's were on order but like many claims by the company it never happened.

Incidentally the Enviro was Apparently de-roofed outside the depot. It wasn't bought directly by First from JPT I seem remember a number of vehicles from
JPT being sold via Ensign.

The Enviro 400 was one of at least three deckers de-roofed by the railway bridge outside the depot. The other two were a Scania and a President, neither of which were repaired. Four Enviro 300s were also sold to Ensign ( RT09/VT09/ST09/ST58 JPT), all of which had been named after supporters as part of a campaign on Facebook. I believe that all are now operated by First in Essex. Their sale and replacement by older vehicles was the start of the slippery slope to my mind.
(26/08/2014 06:44)Owl Wrote:  The Enviro 400 was one of at least three deckers de-roofed by the railway bridge outside the depot. The other two were a Scania and a President, neither of which were repaired. Four Enviro 300s were also sold to Ensign ( RT09/VT09/ST09/ST58 JPT), all of which had been named after supporters as part of a campaign on Facebook. I believe that all are now operated by First in Essex. Their sale and replacement by older vehicles was the start of the slippery slope to my mind.

Couldn't agree more and don't forget that several months before their downfall the remaining Enviro 300's, along with all the Primo's and several Presidents were advertised for sale by JPT in the trade mags due to a 'fleet upgrade'. Obviously non ended up being sold but it's interesting how they saw the tired Olympians and B6's as fleet upgrades lol.
(26/08/2014 10:17)Mayneway Wrote:  Couldn't agree more and don't forget that several months before their downfall the remaining Enviro 300's, along with all the Primo's and several Presidents were advertised for sale by JPT in the trade mags due to a 'fleet upgrade'. Obviously non ended up being sold but it's interesting how they saw the tired Olympians and B6's as fleet upgrades lol.

Interesting bit of history on JPT in the story below. I had completely forgotten about the Eurobus fiasco!!

http://mancunian1001.wordpress.com/2014/...een-light/
(26/08/2014 10:45)Owl Wrote:  Interesting bit of history on JPT in the story below. I had completely forgotten about the Eurobus fiasco!!

http://mancunian1001.wordpress.com/2014/...een-light/

JPT's application to extend thier VA on their licence was refused several times which meant thier battle with First on the 17 was greatly hampered hence the purchase of a second licence and the cheap tacky Eurobus brand. Very similar to what UK North did many moons ago the only difference being they successfully applied for a second licence with different MD's and a transport manager, hence the GM Buses name.

The second depot on the former mill site is slightly inaccurate. It certainly never opened and I don't think work ever started on it. Another publicty stunt maybe??
12120 on the 38 this morning.

John
22404 sounding very rough on the 118 today.
22404 has been like that for about a week or so now, apparently its nothing more than the usual hole that's appeared in the exhaust and a new exhaust is apparently waiting to be fitted as and when time permits but with Middleton Depot being stretched vehicle wise as it is at the moment with a few vehicles VOR at the moment its still having to be sent out daily in service.

In fact Middleton Depot had 3 step entry buses out in the evening peak with the following noted:

JPTs Green and White Olympian on 118
16797 on 80
16799 on 112

Also 22401 is currently off the road at Middleton Depot after suffering a minor engine fire while it was out in service on 171s on Sunday afternoon
Cheers guys.
Mission accomplished i have finally got a pic of 22819, see link below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonesy3001/

If it's not in london they dont want to know
(27/08/2014 07:30)M60lad Wrote:  22404 has been like that for about a week or so now, apparently its nothing more than the usual hole that's appeared in the exhaust and a new exhaust is apparently waiting to be fitted as and when time permits but with Middleton Depot being stretched vehicle wise as it is at the moment with a few vehicles VOR at the moment its still having to be sent out daily in service.

In fact Middleton Depot had 3 step entry buses out in the evening peak with the following noted:

JPTs Green and White Olympian on 118
16797 on 80
16799 on 112

Also 22401 is currently off the road at Middleton Depot after suffering a minor engine fire while it was out in service on 171s on Sunday afternoon
16798 was also out on the 80 at lunchtime. 14071 and 16797-9 were all noted at Shudehill at 1230-1400.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)