Current time: 16/05/2024, 10:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
I bet they will probably sell them to independent school bus contractors like they did with all the Dragons.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(16/08/2014 18:58)Dentonian Wrote:  Coincidentally, I finally caught up with 18111 today, and rode it on the 168. I have to say that it was the most comfortable bus I have ridden on for some while. It reminded me of the "Commonwealth Games" batch (17701-30) which left Manchester far too early in their lives. Much better than the plastic (in more ways than one) Enviro400s - all style and no substance. I saw six other Tridents and just three Enviro400s (incl. loanee 19165) on the 168/9, but no sign of 18110, although I calculate I missed one working.

I was hoping either 18110 or 18111 would appear but didn't unfortunately but the Leyland was a good substitute I reckon
(16/08/2014 18:58)Dentonian Wrote:  Coincidentally, I finally caught up with 18111 today, and rode it on the 168. I have to say that it was the most comfortable bus I have ridden on for some while. It reminded me of the "Commonwealth Games" batch (17701-30) which left Manchester far too early in their lives. Much better than the plastic (in more ways than one) Enviro400s - all style and no substance. I saw six other Tridents and just three Enviro400s (incl. loanee 19165) on the 168/9, but no sign of 18110, although I calculate I missed one working.

I've been on both 18110 & 18111 on 168/169's and to be honest both are cracking buses comfort wise and I'd rather travel on these than moderner Enviro400's. It will be ashame if they do leave Manchester but loans are loans Smile
(11/08/2014 19:49)SF07 Wrote:  Stagecoach have posted their August service changes on their website. Confirmation that Stagecoach will take over the evening service on the 53 from First, while losing the 276 to Go Goodwins.

Some journeys on service 191 are extended to run to/from Hazel Grove, while services 23/23A, 42, 179, 370 and X5 will be re-routed on arrival into Stockport bus station via Heaton Road and Mersey Square.

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/tis-service...px?id=2808

While the southernmost road in Stockport bus station is being repaired, many buses come into Stockport via Mersey Square anyway. So maybe they are just formalising a popular routing, as many people find this a useful stop.

On Thursday evening I noticed 2 short red Tridents in the yard at Stockport displaying Shuttle Bus. They are probably ex-London examples that were used for the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow. I didn't check but did not notice them this evening, so maybe they were just stopping off here.
Correct about the Tridents. Manchester are keeping some, but IDs are unknown.
19404 involved in an accident in Chorlton this afternoon on the 85 with the driver being very lucky, as the front windscreen on the driver's side being smashed by a metal pole on a passing lorry:

[Image: bus-crash-2.jpg]

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/n...er-7639416
Ive heard rumours this week that suggest that theres a possabillity that wigans 32,33 and X34 are to transfer to hyde road depot.
(19/08/2014 20:35)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Ive heard rumours this week that suggest that theres a possabillity that wigans 32,33 and X34 are to transfer to hyde road depot.

Them rumours are nothing to do with the proposed industrial action by the wigan union are they? Why buy a depot then asset strip it of its best routes?????
There will be a reason, may be cheaper to run from Hyde road
I'm not saying this is true but could HE operate 32,33 & X34 as I was speaking to another friend of mine and we came to the conclusion that HE haven't got the room at the moment to operate extra services without moving more vehicles round and training up drivers plus training up drivers from other depots on the routes HE lose.

I know HE is full as they had to lose Magics just to get the vehicles for the 38s in, also I'm not to sure whether any other depots have got the capacity to operate any of the displaced services from HE if it happens.

User(s) browsing this thread: 28 Guest(s)