Current time: 27/04/2024, 21:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Stagecoach having problems in Hattersley again with buses being vandalised. All buses on service 201 are now terminating at Tesco until further notice.

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/tis-service...px?id=2484
https://twitter.com/StagecoachGM/status/...9801354240
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Hey guys how long after your medical do you get a start date or confirmation you've passed the drug test etc... I'm not worried about that, just want to know how long I'll have to work at my current employer....
(17/07/2014 08:14)Dentonian Wrote:  I've never known services to be curtailed all day for such incidents - especially from such a major "traffic objective".

I can remember a few instances of services being curtailed in the evening but as you say certainly not all journeys during the day.
I remember tyrer dropping the 6 around kirkholt in rochdale for weeks because of vandals
(17/07/2014 10:44)jimbo Wrote:  I remember tyrer dropping the 6 around kirkholt in rochdale for weeks because of vandals

Didn't Maytree have problems as well?

I remember Bluebird suffering a lot a few years ago, think it was Mosten and Newton Heath after dark, but I remember it being in the papers, and years ago I seem to remember Maynes curtailing a service, possibly 171 or 217 because of vandals.
(17/07/2014 11:00)Mayneway Wrote:  Didn't Maytree have problems as well?

I remember Bluebird suffering a lot a few years ago, think it was Mosten and Newton Heath after dark, but I remember it being in the papers, and years ago I seem to remember Maynes curtailing a service, possibly 171 or 217 because of vandals.

Bluebird were having windows smashed by stone-throwing yobs on a regular basis, and ended up replacing the glass with a shatterproof perspex-like material
According to the First website, Stagecoach will take over the 53 evening service from the end of August:

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/greater_...181&conf=0
(17/07/2014 17:35)SF07 Wrote:  According to the First website, Stagecoach will take over the 53 evening service from the end of August:

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/greater_...181&conf=0

That is interesting - is there really money in that type of tendered activity, or is it an attempt to increase the utilisation of the vehicles that they have based in the north of Manchester?
(18/07/2014 16:06)Dentonian Wrote:  No less than in any other suburban route, surely! It serves two hospital complexes, part of "Curry Mile", a major Sports Stadium and now a major leisure complex in Salford Quays. In crossing so many major roads, it gives connections to those places for many without having to go through the city centre.

I understand the attractiveness of the route, what I am trying to understand is why Stagecoach are undercutting First on this, and indeed the 149, which does something similar around the north of Manchester. Are they trying to expand their presence in North Manchester by doing routes at cost, or have First been having an easy time until now because of the lack of competition?
(19/07/2014 16:25)Owl Wrote:  I understand the attractiveness of the route, what I am trying to understand is why Stagecoach are undercutting First on this, and indeed the 149, which does something similar around the north of Manchester. Are they trying to expand their presence in North Manchester by doing routes at cost, or have First been having an easy time until now because of the lack of competition?

Undercutting isn't the right work to use. Stagecoach have simply submitted a price to operate the contract and it's turned out to be the cheapest option.
Stagecoach won't have known what price First submitted and vice versa so there's certainly no undercutting going on.

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)