Current time: 26/04/2024, 22:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(09/07/2014 23:17)Mayneway Wrote:  So reviewed dosen't deffiantly mean that they will revert back to how they were then.

Apparently it's actually a 'chatty' Dukinfield driver who regularly works the 419s that's mentioned to passengers that he wouldn't be surprised if the 419 and 41 stay as they are now.

Out of interest (possibly one Dentionan could answer), given that an extra bus/driver has been used while the diversions have been in place has TFGM paid First any extra money to run these tendered services to the diverted routes, or are First providing the extra bus/driver for free?

It may stay I can well see 41 inter working another circular poss 331 to regain the bus lost as ATM each 41 has 20 min layover each run which is to much
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(10/07/2014 04:29)james Wrote:  It may stay I can well see 41 inter working another circular poss 331 to regain the bus lost as ATM each 41 has 20 min layover each run which is to much

Hmm, but don't forget the 331 interworks the 389.
(10/07/2014 09:43)Dentonian Wrote:  I'm not sure what arrangement was reached in the end, but I'm pretty sure First aren't providing the extra resources for nothing. Hopefully, Network Rail are paying for it.

That was my thinking but as the roadworks have finished (well very nearly!) and the road is now fully open it seems crazy that TFGM are possibly continuing to pay extra when it's not needed, espically when were continually being told about the belt tightening with regards to subsidised services. Don't get me wrong, as James's has said unlike the 168/169 and 409 which didn't have timetable changes the 419 did so I understand changes have to go through VOSA ect.

What I find ironical is a lot of 419 users have taken to alighting outside the former hop pole pub on Oldham Road and actually walk into Ashton while the 419 negiociates the back streets of Crowhill so it's not really serving its purpose.
(10/07/2014 09:41)Dentonian Wrote:  And both are commercial. 41 is tendered, so may be altered at a date not coinciding with a First commercial re-write. Most important of all, 41 is contracted as a hybrid bus.

It's very often anything but a Hybrid on the 41 as presumably the hybrid is being used on the extra 419!
(10/07/2014 10:31)Dentonian Wrote:  TFGM had no way of knowing that the works would finish early, and it certainly wouldn't be practical to rush anything through for the remaining two and a half weeks. Another factor is the threat of roadworks on Cavendish Street this autumn, so the extra resources may still be needed to cover for that, as 41 & 335 (amongst others) will be directly affected.

Obviously I'm not saying everything should have gone back to normal as soon as the road reopens, but regular users of the service were told that the services would revirt back to normal at the end of July when the roadworks were scheduled to finish, yet now it seems it won't be 'reviewed' until some time in September.
It's just a complete and utter waste of money
(10/07/2014 07:49)joe_alker Wrote:  Hmm, but don't forget the 331 interworks the 389.

Yes but if they are timed right the 41/331 or 333 would inter work nicely as 331/3 take 16mins which is within the 20 min layover this would make the 389 a 3 bus duty if retimed again slightly so then pr would gain a bus back that they lost when they changed the 419s if you get what I mean (plus I have dibs on this thought for any people thinking hmm good idea I'll suggest that lol)
It can vary each day/week which service gets the full Hybrid treatment sometimes its 41 and sometimes its 419.
It seems Bury Depot were taking full advantage of the Schools being off due to the strike yesterday as apart from one parked in the depot most of their ALX400 were out on various services when usually during the day they would be parked up until they were due out on their various School duties in the afternoon.

Out of interest with yesterday's strike do School Services still have to run? I'd actually find it daft if they did as they wouldn't be picking up anybody and just driving round empty
(11/07/2014 06:20)M60lad Wrote:  Out of interest with yesterday's strike do School Services still have to run? I'd actually find it daft if they did as they wouldn't be picking up anybody and just driving round empty

It wouldn't surprise me. Two days in the Easter Holidays where I had to go into school, and both days the school buses were running.
(11/07/2014 07:57)joe_alker Wrote:  It wouldn't surprise me. Two days in the Easter Holidays where I had to go into school, and both days the school buses were running.

Don't forget though that while most schools were on strike they may still have been open. One of my nephews attends a high school in Hyde where most of the teachers and staff were on strike yet all year 7's were still in, so obviously although the majority of the pupils were off, transport would have still been required to and from the school for the kids that were in.

I also believe several other high schools where pupils were given the day off but could go into school and study If for example both parents were working, so again transport would still be required.

Certainly in Glossop, Smiths of Marple still ran their school services.

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)