Current time: 27/04/2024, 20:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(04/07/2012 12:34)StageStig Wrote:  the remaining buses to go are random 194**'s presumably the ones needing the least work, I'll try jot some numbers down tomorrow....

Drum roll.......... :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
There was a press release regarding hyde roads batch of new enviros claiming they are euro6 as part of further investment into the 76 service
I'd like to see a link to said statement as I'm fairly sure they're still euro 5.
They are definitely Euro6
Is there an actual reason why the reg plate on the newer Enviro 400s (10000 etc) has been moved and is not next to the rear service number anymore? I'm guessing its due to some new legislation but what is it as either I've missed something or haven't heard anything to reason for the move
Euro6 end of, find the link
Having done my reasearch for said press release, I can't find anything that says they're euro 6.

I will also point out that Cummins only unvieled their euro 6 ISB range on 29th March, and said there is a lot of further development to do.
Quote:29th March 2012: Cummins announced its technology path to move its renowned ISB 4 and 6 cylinder products to Euro VI emissions regulations in 2013. The engines will use a combination of cooled exhaust gas re-circulation (EGR) and variable geometry turbocharging (VGT) on the engine allied to a new aftertreatment system incorporating particulate filtration (DPF) with selective catalytic reduction (SCR).

Couple that with the changed rear layout of 10000 (which ties in with the changes Cummins have stated they've made), and I still believe 10000 is the only euro6 vehicle currently, being used for testing.

Further, I've just had a look at the Stagecoach orders sheet and 10000 is down as a note on the bottom "euro 6 user trials" but all the other Enviro400s and Enviro300s on the order are down as euro 5 SCR.
So perhaps if someone would be so kind as to get a close up, under the bonnet snap of 10000 and another 10xxx, we'll be able to compare - there'll be more bits and piping in for the euro6 one.
(05/07/2012 07:37)M60lad Wrote:  Is there an actual reason why the reg plate on the newer Enviro 400s (10000 etc) has been moved and is not next to the rear service number anymore? I'm guessing its due to some new legislation but what is it as either I've missed something or haven't heard anything to reason for the move

Looks to be something to do wit cooling of the recirculated exhaust, though with all the extra gubbing euro 6 engines run hotter anyway, so do need more ventilation.

Incidentally, I find it hard to believe the engine maunufacturers have a product fully ready a year and a half early..
28507 is back in service at Ashton
(04/07/2012 17:44)cumbria0902150 Wrote:  I was also under the impression 10000 was the only Euro6 one, especially as the rear layout is slightly different to all of the other 10xxx's (which have the same layout as the later 19xxx's). Could be wrong though. I'm led to believe Morecambe's batch are Euro5.

They are the same layout as the 19xxxs just the reg and back number blind are different, stagecoach are just reusing the old titan numbers as they have ran out of 19xxxs as from 19900 they are the heritage fleet.
10xxx series

19xxx series

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)