Current time: 02/05/2024, 15:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(07/06/2014 00:37)acocker96 Wrote:  16949 is an ex Go Ahead London B7TL ALX400 which is used by Stagecoach on the free Salford University Shuttle. It came from Bluebird who ran the Uni shuttle before Stagecoach and was included in the takeover and was originally painted blue but was repainted back into red as per the terms of the uni shuttle contract and it maybe the only one of its kind within the Stagecoach group.

Technically it is magenta, which is Salford University's colours, rather than red. It is looking rather weathered these days, hence the confusion. I wonder what will happen to it when Stagecoach have to repaint it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(07/06/2014 07:21)Owl Wrote:  Technically it is magenta, which is Salford University's colours, rather than red. It is looking rather weathered these days, hence the confusion. I wonder what will happen to it when Stagecoach have to repaint it.

It will have to be painted magenta again unless stagecoach decide to withdraw it and use a trident instead, as the B7TL is non standard to the fleet.
As mentioned above its stipulated in the contract with Salford university that the vehicle must be in their colours and carries external and internal adverts and notices for the university.
(07/06/2014 08:37)Mayneway Wrote:  It will have to be painted magenta again unless stagecoach decide to withdraw it and use a trident instead, as the B7TL is non standard to the fleet.

16949 is the only current B7TL in the Manchester fleet, the others that were (16960-16966), were transferred to East Scotland.

There are currently 53 B7TL's in the Stagecoach group, shared between the East Midlands & East Scotland fleets.

I wouldn't be to surprised if 16949 was to be transferred, to either East Midlands or East Scotland.
(07/06/2014 10:32)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  16949 is the only current B7TL in the Manchester fleet, the others that were (16960-16966), were transferred to East Scotland.

There are currently 53 B7TL's in the Stagecoach group, shared between the East Midlands & East Scotland fleets.

I wouldn't be to surprised if 16949 was to be transferred, to either East Midlands or East Scotland.

Depending on its overall condition then it's always a possibility it will be cascaded to another Stagecoach group.
I'm presuming it most likely to be withdrawn over the summer break but given the current vehicle shortage that's unlikely.
(07/06/2014 10:32)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  16949 is the only current B7TL in the Manchester fleet, the others that were (16960-16966), were transferred to East Scotland.

i think the others are Gemini and vyking so it might be the only ALX400 B7TL in the Stagecoach group.
16949 is the only ALX400 bodied B7TL in group.
However several Plaxton B7TLs have entered the fleet since the JPT takeover - yes there is only one ALX400 B7TL.

Incidentally - I've just seen 22151 on Sunnyside Rd out of my window - any ideas on what service it was operating? Unusual to see MANs around here.

Also 80022 is on the 203 today for anyone interested
The MANs will almost defiantly be on 168/169's as they are becoming regular performers on these services on a Saturday probably given the light loadings compared to during the week.
(07/06/2014 14:27)Mayneway Wrote:  The MANs will almost defiantly be on 168/169's as they are becoming regular performers on these services on a Saturday probably given the light loadings compared to during the week.

They don't exactly overload during rush hour either
Dont know if this is the right thread but ex stagecoach oly 3198 was parked outside ashton town hall today.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonesy3001/

If it's not in london they dont want to know

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)