Current time: 03/05/2024, 12:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Apparently it's another Ferrymill loan, Fm36.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
What depot is it operating from?
It's apparently being used at Sharston. Only being used as on taxi duties as it dosen't have an assault screen or radio.
(05/06/2014 15:08)Mayneway Wrote:  It's apparently being used at Sharston. Only being used as on taxi duties as it dosen't have an assault screen or radio.

But the bluebird Enviro200s didn't originally have assault screens or radios and they were still used in passenger service
(05/06/2014 16:20)acocker96 Wrote:  But the bluebird Enviro200s didn't originally have assault screens or radios and they were still used in passenger service

I know it does seen strange. I'm just going off what ive been told by a driver pal of mine.

I think it is generally company policy that drivers are protected by an assault screen, all the Maynes vehicles a few years back were very quicky adapted and had screens fitted.
(05/06/2014 19:35)Mayneway Wrote:  I think it is generally company policy that drivers are protected by an assault screen, all the Maynes vehicles a few years back were very quicky adapted and had screens fitted.
Possibly, but in many other instances at other operators it's an agreement with the union.
(05/06/2014 19:35)Mayneway Wrote:  I know it does seen strange. I'm just going off what ive been told by a driver pal of mine.

I think it is generally company policy that drivers are protected by an assault screen, all the Maynes vehicles a few years back were very quicky adapted and had screens fitted.

Yeah I noticed that they have now fitted them all with assault screens its strange that companies are allowed to buy buses without assault screens you can go on youtube and find plenty of videos of drivers being robbed or attacked because they don't have an assault screen they should have to have them by law I reckon
Difference being that Stagecoach were able to retrofit assault screens etc, in a short space of time.

As they don't own FM36 (obviously), they can't fit it with a screen.
(05/06/2014 20:05)mbonwick Wrote:  Difference being that Stagecoach were able to retrofit assault screens etc, in a short space of time.

As they don't own FM36 (obviously), they can't fit it with a screen.

Cant they use the T reg MANS in reserve instead like 22186?
Most (if not all) of the serviceable reserve MANs are already out in service.

I do wonder if FM36 is on loan while 22391 (Or whatever MAN it was that fell off the tow truck) is away being repaired.

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)