Current time: 27/04/2024, 22:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(04/05/2014 17:37)126th street Wrote:  There could be a genuine reason for a non-compliant vehicle being used such as a breakdown and it being the only available replacement. Tendering bodies are reasonably tolerant of the odd breach as long as they're told about it ASAP (rather than finding out third-hand) and it's not happening all the time.

Those who are least likely to be impressed are other operators who have bid unsuccessfully for the work and priced it on the basis of running a sub-15 year old bus.

The odd breach is just that, but First seem to get away with it time and time again. If OMs R reg Dart is too old for tenders then Dukinfields example will be too, as will the Arrow but they still crop up on tendered services!

JPT were big abuser of this rule. Every Sunday thier B6BLE's would be out on 217/218's and again they seemed to get away with it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(04/05/2014 19:40)Mayneway Wrote:  The odd breach is just that, but First seem to get away with it time and time again. If OMs R reg Dart is too old for tenders then Dukinfields example will be too, as will the Arrow but they still crop up on tendered services!

JPT were big abuser of this rule. Every Sunday thier B6BLE's would be out on 217/218's and again they seemed to get away with it.

i looked into the 408 incident and spoke to om app it was swapped early in the day for the orig bus had an issue and needed to be swapped. unfort the fitter just grabbed the first bus he got on unaware it was a tender spec duty
I forgot to say yesterday that on Monday (28th April) Volvo B10BLE 62236 was out on route 22. It had been repainted into "lilac" livery.
(04/05/2014 21:30)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I forgot to say yesterday that on Monday (28th April) Volvo B10BLE 62236 was out on route 22. It had been repainted into "lilac" livery.

I'm surprised it made it, usually there only on Bolton locals
Noted at Heysham Docks 05th May
47471 :
47472 :
Wt Streetlite DF : First Greater Manchester (Pioneer depot stickers).

http://benjibusesnewsandviews.blogspot.co.uk/
37367 on the 41 today , seen near The Christie Hospital, though think it only went to the Palatine Road terminus before returning to Manchester
Can someone please tell the drivers on the Hurst 39 to stop displaying Manchester via Tyldesley 39 when it should be Ashton via Hurst Cross 39?
The 472/4 (Ramsbottom - Bury circular) is the same, they always say Ramsbottom even when heading towards Bury.
(07/05/2014 17:37)joe_alker Wrote:  Can someone please tell the drivers on the Hurst 39 to stop displaying Manchester via Tyldesley 39 when it should be Ashton via Hurst Cross 39?
because they just put 039 in 39 tydesly is 1st ashton 2nd hazelhurst 3rd they often assume its the first one and dont realise there is 2 routes
this could well start appearing on 41s as well now
50pts to the person who phots a 41 with wrong route on it
Not sure if loan or transfer but 69420 is now at Bury Depot and was seen by myself today operating on 98

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)