Current time: 05/05/2024, 06:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
Ive heard enviro400 with volvo chassis but could end up with adl chassis.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I've travelled on a lot of both Enviro400 & Gemini's in London and from a personal point of view I'd prefer Gemini's, those at Speke & Birkenhead are fantastic.
We may get the new generation Enviro400 then.
Wonder why the shift to Alexander Dennis products? Arriva it would appear are a staunch Wright/VDL customer. And it may mean nothing but isn't the Stagecoach chairman also part owner of Alexander Dennis? Hence why Alexander Dennis products account for 85% of Stagecoaches recent 568 vehicle order.
(02/05/2014 21:03)turbo777 Wrote:  I've travelled on a lot of both Enviro400 & Gemini's in London and from a personal point of view I'd prefer Gemini's, those at Speke & Birkenhead are fantastic.
Wonder why the shift to Alexander Dennis products? Arriva it would appear are a staunch Wright/VDL customer. And it may mean nothing but isn't the Stagecoach chairman also part owner of Alexander Dennis? Hence why Alexander Dennis products account for 85% of Stagecoaches recent 568 vehicle order.

Apparently Wrightbus are going to stop offering Gemini bodywork on the DB300 which is why current and future orders are for enviro 400's. Too be honest i also prefer the Gemini bodywork and Wrightbus in general compared to Alexander Dennis still at least its better than the current B7TL alx400's that are currently running Southport's 375/385 and Speke's 86.
(02/05/2014 21:03)turbo777 Wrote:  I've travelled on a lot of both Enviro400 & Gemini's in London and from a personal point of view I'd prefer Gemini's, those at Speke & Birkenhead are fantastic.

VDL are no longer producting left hand drive bus chassis, hence the orders for StreetLites and Enviro400s now.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(02/05/2014 23:10)kuyoyo Wrote:  VDL are no longer producting left hand drive bus chassis, hence the orders for StreetLites and Enviro400s now.

Does this include Pulsar 2's. Also isn't UK vehicles right hand drive even though we drive on the left?
(02/05/2014 23:22)Busser Wrote:  Does this include Pulsar 2's. Also isn't UK vehicles right hand drive even though we drive on the left?

I think it does yes, I'm sure that somebody reported on here recently that the pulsar was no longer being produced.
Regarding the 19 deckers for sthelens didn'tthey order 19 pulsars for the 10a ie 2965_2983 then ordered 2984-2993 for the 10 laterit just seems they may be going the same way due to there budget
The words i got told are
" we are to receive 23 new double deckers for the 10 road next
year and then the pulsars that get released off the 10's will
Will replace all the older veichles and allow them to be
withdrawn, them being "V , X and Y reg" veichles".
(02/05/2014 23:22)Busser Wrote:  Does this include Pulsar 2's. Also isn't UK vehicles right hand drive even though we drive on the left?

Blame tiredness for my mistake - yes, all VDL Right Hand drive chassis are going out of production and that includes the SB200 which Wright bodied with the Pulsar bodywork.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(03/05/2014 05:26)sth6168 Wrote:  Regarding the 19 deckers for sthelens didn'tthey order 19 pulsars for the 10a ie 2965_2983 then ordered 2984-2993 for the 10 laterit just seems they may be going the same way due to there budget

No as far as I remember 2965-2993 were ordered as one batch. 2965-83 were delivered first, with 2984-93 delivery dates put back a couple of months for some reason.

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17

User(s) browsing this thread: 65 Guest(s)