Current time: 18/05/2024, 05:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus Vannin
RE: Bus Vannin
All applications from Bus Vannin have been approved by the RTLC.

Bus Vannin have also released details of their Services over Easter Period. The PDF is here.

Quote:Bus Services at Easter - Public Transport Press Release

Over the Easter period bus services operate as follows:

Good Friday (18th April) - Sunday service plus journeys marked as BH in the timetable book* Hullad Oie also operates

Easter Saturday - Normal Saturday service

Easter Sunday - Normal Sunday service

Easter Monday (21st April) - Sunday service plus journeys marked as BH in the timetable book*

*Service 4 - please note that the morning departure from Peel is at 0800 as per the current Service 4 timetable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I have heard that the new timetable will be starting on Saturday 3rd May

The new Volvos should start entering service very soon. These are replacing 5, 6, 9 and 44-46 - the VDLs still being in service at present. Withdrawn DAFs 2, 5, 6, 8 and 9 are still at the back of the depot
(17/04/2014 16:06)FMN-503-T Wrote:  I have heard that the new timetable will be starting on Saturday 3rd May

The new Volvos should start entering service very soon. These are replacing 5, 6, 9 and 44-46 - the VDLs still being in service at present. Withdrawn DAFs 2, 5, 6, 8 and 9 are still at the back of the depot

Yes, all changes commence May 3rd.

Looking forward to seeing the new B9TLs.

I've E-Mailed Corgi to recommend they make a model of a Bus Vannin Gemini II. They now have the casting so hopefully they'll make one.
Regarding disposals - 12, 17/18 and 44-46 will be withdrawn when 177-182 enter traffic at the start of next month. All six Volvos are now on the island and are stored at the back of Banks Circus depot

Dart 82 has left the island and is believed to be with Go Goodwins in Manchester. DAF 8 has also now left the island
I have been informed that DAF 8 is in fact still on the island - my reliable source was told it had left however I confirmed last night it is still present on the dead patch alongside 2, 5, 6, and 9. Volvos 178-182 are also on the dead patch with 177 in the workshops

No news on when Micro Hybrid StreetLite 242 is arriving at the moment
(24/04/2014 16:08)FMN-503-T Wrote:  I have been informed that DAF 8 is in fact still on the island - my reliable source was told it had left however I confirmed last night it is still present on the dead patch alongside 2, 5, 6, and 9. Volvos 178-182 are also on the dead patch with 177 in the workshops

No news on when Micro Hybrid StreetLite 242 is arriving at the moment

Yes, I have seen a photo of 2, 5, 6, 8 & 9 on the Dead Patch, thought I had mentioned/posted it here.

Looking forward to seeing 177-182 in service, the Volvo B9TL is a fantastic bus. It has effectively been confirmed that Bus Vannin have no interest in the B5TL, and it has also been confirmed elsewhere that Lothian find the B5TL demonstrator they have underpowered, especially on some of the hills in Edinburgh.

Also, I imagine the withdrawal of 12, 17 & 18 will wait until 177-182 are in service and 242 has been delivered, I did know Bus Vannin wanted to reduce the older vehicles to around six.
Details of diversions to Bus Vannin Services during Classic Car Racing.

Quote:Classic Car Racing on 24th April, 2014 - Service 22/25 - Public Transport Press Release

Due to the above racing, Glencrutchery Road and a section of Bemahague Road is closed from 1200 to 1500.

The Service 22 journeys departing Lord Street at 1200, 1300 & 1400 divert from Birch Hill via Watterson Lane, Ballanard Road and St Ninians to York Road.

The Service 25 journeys departing Lord Street at 1230, 1330 & 1430 divert from York Road via Broadway, Promenades and Summer Hill to Manx Arms - then as timetabled.

Extra Service 22V journeys to serve Victoria Road depart Lord Street (D) at 1235, 1335 & 1435 - departing Victoria Road (Centre House) at 1250, 1350 & 1450.

Classic Car Racing on 24th April, 2014 - Service 3/3A
Due to the above racing, Glencrutchery Road and a section of Bemahague Road is closed from 1200 to 1500 and again from 1800 to 2130.

Service 3 & 3A journeys divert as follows:

The 1215, 1245, 1315, 1415, 1445, 1815, 1845 and 1945 Douglas (Lord Street) departures divert from Woodbourne Road via York Road, Broadway, Promenades and Summer Hill to the Manx Arms. The 1345 Douglas (Lord Street) departure diverts from the Villa Marina via the Promenades and Summer Hill to the Manx Arms. The 2115 Douglas (Lord Street) departure is subject to slight delay at Glencrutchery Road.

The 1140, 1210, 1240, 1310, 1340, 1410, 1740, 1810, 1840 and 1940 Ramsey departures divert from the Manx Arms via Summer Hill, Promenades, Rendezvous Corner, Broadway and York Road to Woodbourne Road. The 2042 Ramsey departure is subject to slight delay at Governors Bridge. Classic Car Racing on 24th April, 2014 - Service 3/3A

Classic Car Racing on 24th April, 2014 - Service 23/23B
Due to the above racing, Glencrutchery Road and a section of Bemahague Road is closed from 1200 to 1500 and again from 1800 to 2130.

Service 23/23B: The 1235, 1335 and 1435 Lord Street departures (to Onchan) divert from York Road via Broadway, Promenades and Summer Hill to the Manx Arms and do not serve Victoria Road.

The 1203, 1303, 1403 and 1809 Manx Arms (Bank stop) departures divert via Summer Hill, Promenades, Rendezvous Corner, Broadway and York Road to Woodbourne Road.

Classic Car Racing on 25th April, 2014 - Diverted Services
Due to the above racing, the TT Course between Ballig Bridge and Cronk-y-Voddy crossroads is closed between 0915 and 1630.

Service 5C Diversions

The 1142 and 1442 departures from Peel divert from Poortown Road (Highwayman) via Oak Road and Knocksharry to Kirk Michael.

The 1130 and 1330 departures from Peel divert from Kirk Michael via Knocksharry and Oak Road to Poortown Road.
(26/04/2014 17:49)KMN-221-U Wrote:  -
Also, I imagine the withdrawal of 12, 17 & 18 will wait until 177-182 are in service and 242 has been delivered, I did know Bus Vannin wanted to reduce the older vehicles to around six.

As I've mentioned before 12, 17/18 and 44-46 are being replaced by 177-182 and 242 will be replacing 127 - Tridents 19-24 will be the only older buses staying
Press Release on the Service Changes is now on line.

Quote:New bus timetable from 3 May 2014 - Public Transport Press Release

A revised bus timetable comes into operation across the Isle of Man on Saturday 3 May 2014.

Copies of the new Journey Planner and Timetables booklet listing all bus vannin and IoM Railways services will be available from the Welcome Centre in Douglas from Friday (2 May). The new bus schedules are now available online at www.iombusandrail.info.

Kate Beecroft MHK, Political Member responsible for Public Transport, said: ‘A major review of the Island’s bus network was undertaken in 2010 and these further tweaks, approved by the Road Transport Licensing Committee, are evolutionary rather than revolutionary.

‘Bus vannin is increasingly commercially focused and has responded to customer feedback as much as possible in revising its services under current budgetary constraints.’

Improvements to bus services include more Sunday and evening services, notably between Douglas and the north (service 3). There’s also a new summer service 15 around Laxey village.

Full details of the changes to services coming into operation on 3 May can be found below.

Services to and from the south (1, 1A, 2, 10, 11, 11A, 12, 12A)

Minor changes with a slightly earlier first departure from Port St Mary at 0532 (currently 0537), a later first bus to depart Douglas at 0550 (currently 0535) and a more comprehensive service in the evenings.

Service 3, 3A, X3

Additional early X3 journey at 0715 from Ramsey. Daily evening services significantly enhanced to hourly frequency. Sunday service to be hourly through to Ramsey (previously hourly to Laxey, then two hourly between Laxey and Ramsey).

Service 4, 4A

Service re-timed.

Services 5, 5C ,X5 ,6 ,6A and 6C

No major changes except removal of the Jurby section on daytime service 5 journeys and the extension of daytime Douglas to Peel service 6 journeys to serve Ballawattleworth. Morning X5 service to pick up at Snugborough shelter in addition to Greeba, Crosby and Glen Vine (one stop in each only).

Service 8

Sunday timetable to be changed from last year. New journey over Sloc in morning (requested by walkers) and journeys continue to Peel during the day (stopped in St John’s last year).

Service 9

New service introduced to replace section of service 23 between Noble’s Hospital, Ballaughton Manor Hill and Douglas town centre. Through tickets to Johnny Watterson’s Lane and Governor’s Hill (using service 1A which interconnects with this service) will be available on this service.

Services 13 and 15

No major changes to 13. It will be operated mainly with Sprinter City45 minibus. Service 15 will operate around Laxey village with a Sprinter City 45 minibus from 9 June to 31 August.

Services 17 to 20 (Ramsey to northern villages)

Minor changes to replace Jurby sections no longer on service 5. All service 17 and 18 journeys operate in the same direction around Jurby as service 19.

Service 23

Daytime service withdrawn.

Service 26, 27

Service 26 will no longer serve both Ballabrooie and Tromode on every journey. Service 26 will operate to Ballabrooie with new service 27 operating to Tromode Park Estate. Both return via Willaston to lower Douglas.
Was on 179 this morning. New bus smell! Also, took a trip on 141! Hard suspension!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: