Current time: 03/05/2024, 05:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(17/04/2014 00:29)Mayneway Wrote:  Very interesting.
There's been rumours flying around for months suggesting Dukinfield would become 100% single deck and 100% low floor. Good news regarding the low floor bit and the arrival of such a large number of new vehicles after years of neglect and underinvestment but I still think getting rid of all the B9's is a step backwards. At the very least some journeys at peak need double deckers.

What would happen regarding schools? And how soon are these 17 Streetlites due?

These new streetlites for Dukinfield are arriving off the boat being delivered to Bolton Depot checked over then delivered to pioneer, also some are being sent from Bolton to Queens Road for checks and modifications if needed, as they are also doing the same with Rusholme's latest batch of streetlites,before being sent to the allocated depots.

Myself I think it's a good thing fleet wise for pioneer, 16 new streetlites now turned into 17 puts pioneer up with Bolton and Oldham and Rusholme in terms of a young fleet.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Rusholme will be loosing streetlites soon, the original batch that were for QS are going to be moving soon.
Saw a 14-plate Streetlite operating on the 350 yesterday to/from Oldham. Spotted one in the afternoon and may well have been the same vehicle on the 1950 journey from Oldham.

Also, the diversion of the 409 on Oldham Road at Ashton is now in place both ways, albeit a day earlier than planned. Some disruption to journeys yesterday.

https://twitter.com/FirstManchester/stat...3109012480
(18/04/2014 13:36)SF07 Wrote:  Saw a 14-plate Streetlite operating on the 350 yesterday to/from Oldham. Spotted one in the afternoon and may well have been the same vehicle on the 1950 journey from Oldham.

Also, the diversion of the 409 on Oldham Road at Ashton is now in place both ways, albeit a day earlier than planned. Some disruption to journeys yesterday.

https://twitter.com/FirstManchester/stat...3109012480

Half a dozen streetlites 14 plates at Dukinfield now, complete fleet 47466-81 or will be when they all arrive
(18/04/2014 20:30)37554BY Wrote:  Half a dozen streetlites 14 plates at Dukinfield now, complete fleet 47466-81 or will be when they all arrive

Spotted one tonight on the 408 and have to say they look really smart in the dark. Just the way they are lit up in a cool blue colour giving then a very modern look. I presume the interior lighting is LED?
Former pioneer B9 37434 now at Queens Road
(18/04/2014 21:19)Mayneway Wrote:  Spotted one tonight on the 408 and have to say they look really smart in the dark. Just the way they are lit up in a cool blue colour giving then a very modern look. I presume the interior lighting is LED?

there was 2 on 408 yesterday 469/477
also 409 were majorly up the creek at dinnertime (12.20) yesterday operating a sunday service in the space of about a minute there was 3*409s passed me whilst at king st tram stop first 2 behind each other with 409 rochdale on then 60secs behind them another with 409 oldham (supposed to be every 15mins so 45mins worth of buses in about 45 secs lol
(19/04/2014 12:28)james Wrote:  there was 2 on 408 yesterday 469/477
also 409 were majorly up the creek at dinnertime (12.20) yesterday operating a sunday service in the space of about a minute there was 3*409s passed me whilst at king st tram stop first 2 behind each other with 409 rochdale on then 60secs behind them another with 409 oldham (supposed to be every 15mins so 45mins worth of buses in about 45 secs lol

So anybody who just missed them 3 had a 45+ minute wait Smile

Crazy that only a Sunday service operated yesterday considering the roads were so busy.
(19/04/2014 13:51)Mayneway Wrote:  So anybody who just missed them 3 had a 45+ minute wait Smile

Crazy that only a Sunday service operated yesterday considering the roads were so busy.

no if they missed the one before the first one they could have waited up to an hour lol
(19/04/2014 16:48)james Wrote:  no if they missed the one before the first one they could have waited up to an hour lol

Ouch
I bet quite a few people got caught out yesterday not realising it was a Sunday service.
A friend of mine did assuming the night buses were and after a 20 minute wait he went for a taxi and got charged the fare and a half - I'm glad I stayed in lol Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)