Current time: 02/05/2024, 03:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(15/04/2014 21:20)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  It would appear, that First are trying to make Rusholme, a Flagship depot.

I don't think flagship is the right word, but First are obviously going to throw everything they've got at Rusholme to try and make it work.
There seems to have been a lot of criticism over the fact they sold off Wigan which they claimed was underperforming then bought Finglands - which has made a loss for the last 3 years so all eyes are on them.

As for Pioneer, its certainly debatable whether brand new Streetlites replacing double deck B9's on the 348/350 is an upgrade or a downgrade, personally I think its a step in the wrong direction.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(15/04/2014 23:54)Mayneway Wrote:  As for Pioneer, its certainly debatable whether brand new Streetlites replacing double deck B9's on the 348/350 is an upgrade or a downgrade, personally I think its a step in the wrong direction.

With JPT creasing trading, I wouldn't be to surprised if the displaced B9's were to be transferred to QS and BY depots. As First are supposedly covering some of JPT routes. Hopefully 37554BY will have more details about this.
I reckon they may regret selling Wigan, weren't the profit margins around 8-10% or something? Compared to heavily less making Finglands.

I am glad to see all the investment at the Finglands base though, it is a risk but if they can make it work then they will have some solid trunk routes.I thought they would get pass downs from other depots, but the new Streetlites are impressive.
(16/04/2014 12:18)Polo Mint Wrote:  I reckon they may regret selling Wigan, weren't the profit margins around 8-10% or something? Compared to heavily less making Finglands.

I am glad to see all the investment at the Finglands base though, it is a risk but if they can make it work then they will have some solid trunk routes.I thought they would get pass downs from other depots, but the new Streetlites are impressive.

I think they wanted to silence thier critics, there was lots of talk when the takeover was first announced of it being a low cost operating unit and it becoming a dumping ground for the other depots rejects but clearly this hasn't been the case.

I think they simply ran out of ideas at Wigan and they saw it as dead wood that would have cost too much to bring up to a decent standard, although Stagecoach seem to have done ok without a full fleet of brand new vehicles.
Yep the investment in Rusholme has been impressive, is the fleet age the lowest in the fleet?

I suppose you have a point about Wigan, First seem to like busy trunk routes than town networks.
(16/04/2014 13:31)Polo Mint Wrote:  Yep the investment in Rusholme has been impressive, is the fleet age the lowest in the fleet?

I suppose you have a point about Wigan, First seem to like busy trunk routes than town networks.

Bury is in danger of ending up like Wigan, with the age of the fleet and lack of investment. And before anyone says 7 B7 mark 2s, means nothing because they could still move on the longer term.
new info come to light today with pioneer i saw an email suggesting that the order for streetlights app the 10 is now 17 replacing most of the b9s and the step deckers thus becoming a 90 single deck fleet again (?? method in the madness)
(16/04/2014 20:10)james Wrote:  new info come to light today with pioneer i saw an email suggesting that the order for streetlights app the 10 is now 17 replacing most of the b9s and the step deckers thus becoming a 90 single deck fleet again (?? method in the madness)

The original order from a BN source James claimed it was 16 so it's only 1 up, most of your B9s are likely to now go to Queens Road

Streetlites 47466-81 with a plus 1 As you say totals 17
Which route will Queens Road put the deckers on?
(16/04/2014 20:10)james Wrote:  new info come to light today with pioneer i saw an email suggesting that the order for streetlights app the 10 is now 17 replacing most of the b9s and the step deckers thus becoming a 90 single deck fleet again (?? method in the madness)

Very interesting.
There's been rumours flying around for months suggesting Dukinfield would become 100% single deck and 100% low floor. Good news regarding the low floor bit and the arrival of such a large number of new vehicles after years of neglect and underinvestment but I still think getting rid of all the B9's is a step backwards. At the very least some journeys at peak need double deckers.

What would happen regarding schools? And how soon are these 17 Streetlites due?

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)