Current time: 17/09/2024, 14:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JPT Bus Company
RE: JPT Bus Company
TfGM's priority will be making sure the tendered services are covered, JPT also have a number of school services which will also need to be covered, I doubt the commercial 118 and 156 will be sadly although theres no reason why either Stagecoach or First couldn't register them and run them commercially.

It will be interesting to see which emergency tenders go to who.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Hope these rumours aren't true, but if so let's hope First is not beneficiary as they need some more competition in North Manchester. Will be interesting to see if Stagecoach move in for some services, as my previous post that they may possibly take them over was obviously wide of the mark.
Its the tendered services that will annoy me; I hope that they dont all go to First and Stagecoach; like the maytree routes did... I like small independent....
(16/04/2014 11:23)jimbo Wrote:  Its the tendered services that will annoy me; I hope that they dont all go to First and Stagecoach; like the maytree routes did... I like small independent....

I would like to see Stotts get the Saturday 343, I would imagine MCT would get the other half of the Sunday 169's (it's crazy anyway with JPT and MCT doing opposite journeys), and I suppose Stagecoach could begin operating evening and Sunday 217/218's a week before they takeover anyway.
(16/04/2014 11:23)jimbo Wrote:  Its the tendered services that will annoy me; I hope that they dont all go to First and Stagecoach; like the maytree routes did... I like small independent....

It's all very well saying that (and personally I do agree), but in a lot of cases its the small operators putting in ridiculously low bids for contracts that do the damage to themselves.
I'm not saying this is the case with JPT, but we've seen it several times over the last few years.

Ultimately I believe that the cheapest bid, that can deliver the stated obectives without any service or company viability issues should win. If that's a national operator rather than a local one, then so be it. Unfortunately there's no place for sentimentality in the deregulated (business) environment.
Here's an interesting addition to the fleet taken today by 8860 Brian on Flickr, https://www.flickr.com/photos/70966383@N03/13892865084/

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Love the picture, but I am sure that there are newer vehicles in the Museum of Transport.

I quite like that green colour for the livery, it works well.

Seems like JPT are still on the road, which is a good thing. Lets hope it will stay that way.
So have JPT folded or still going? Personally i'd say its time they called quits & sold out to another operator, their drivers & staff could surely get work elsewhere???
(16/04/2014 12:23)33109 Wrote:  So have JPT folded or still going? Personally i'd say its time they called quits & sold out to another operator, their drivers & staff could surely get work elsewhere???
http://mancunian1001.wordpress.com/2014/...perations/

Looks like they are going...
Their still trading today but tomorrow could be an interesting day I'm told.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)