Current time: 20/04/2024, 12:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Great points, most people know that the 42/142/43/143 run down Oxford Road, but are not sure about other services. A new route number is confusing, but the situation isn't as bad as the whole 469 episode, as the main body of the route from Piccadilly to Parrs Wood runs the same journey as Stagecoach.

I think First should heavily target new students starting in September with good deals for yearly passes and so on.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
A compromise would be for First to number their service 42B, or even 42H with H meaning Hospital! With First and Stagecoach having both made acquisitions on the opposite sides of Manchester, this will increase the scope for future cross-city routes, except that lucrative roads will already be largely "maxed out" for buses as it were.
(16/03/2014 18:56)Metroline1511 Wrote:  A compromise would be for First to number their service 42B, or even 42H with H meaning Hospital! With First and Stagecoach having both made acquisitions on the opposite sides of Manchester, this will increase the scope for future cross-city routes, except that lucrative roads will already be largely "maxed out" for buses as it were.
stagecoach did this years ago with the 42 they had 42 42a 42b 42r 42x they just confused everyone

if i remember it was
42 picc - stockport
42a albert sq - reddish
42 r reddish - albert sq/picc
42b millgate lane - picc (peak journeys)
42x didsbury village - picc
and im sure there was a couple more variations too
More repaints coming on
Another B10 60380 in the fresh new livery
Coverage in the Manchester Evening News about First's plans to extend the 42 to NMGH

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/n...ct-6845484
For the people that said the 18 Hybrids have lost there Finglands tickets accepted displays on the fronts and sides of buses i would like to say this is rubbish as atleast 5 still have them fitted there was also a 57 plater on the 18 today

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
(18/03/2014 18:38)SF07 Wrote:  Coverage in the Manchester Evening News about First's plans to extend the 42 to NMGH

Are the 'streetlites' the ones that are already based in Rusholme or are more on the way?

I must say I think that the photo should have shown the 'streetlites' so potential travellers could see they were 'new' buses rather than those 55 & 06 plate Volvo eclipse's. This really should have been a must. An article about new buses showing old buses. What is the point...........?
(19/03/2014 10:29)YSV-205 Wrote:  Are the 'streetlites' the ones that are already based in Rusholme or are more on the way?

I must say I think that the photo should have shown the 'streetlites' so potential travellers could see they were 'new' buses rather than those 55 & 06 plate Volvo eclipse's. This really should have been a must. An article about new buses showing old buses. What is the point...........?

The Streetlites are the ones that are currently being used at Rusholme depots. I think the photos of the B7RLEs on the MEN website is just stock photos used to illustrate any stories involving First bus.

(19/03/2014 01:09)SLTRegular Wrote:  For the people that said the 18 Hybrids have lost there Finglands tickets accepted displays on the fronts and sides of buses i would like to say this is rubbish as atleast 5 still have them fitted there was also a 57 plater on the 18 today

I've seen at least a couple of hybrids with the Finglands stickers still on the top windows.
(18/03/2014 18:38)SF07 Wrote:  Coverage in the Manchester Evening News about First's plans to extend the 42 to NMGH

I would like to congratulate the management at First, for advertising the fact that they are extending the 42 to NMGH. It just a pity that the Manchester Evening News, used an old photo.
(19/03/2014 20:57)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  I would like to congratulate the management at First, for advertising the fact that they are extending the 42 to NMGH. It just a pity that the Manchester Evening News, used an old photo.

Typical Manchester Evening News. They would rather use a 5 year old library photo than actually go out and take one.
Still any publicty is better than none and it's good to see them making changes to the inherited Finglands network so soon Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 22 Guest(s)