Current time: 27/04/2024, 17:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
There are people who work within Stagecoach that I know myself who have given plenty of examples where the fleetcards have been totally wrong on occasion too. So referring people to them can cause confusion as they can show buses that are or never were allocated to a particular depot.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/03/2014 18:29)gilbert Wrote:  What exactly determines an ''official allocation''?

It surly means the depot a vehicle is allocated too on paper. But as we all know what's written on paper dosen't always happen and often changes arnt recorded they just happen. The fleetcards make interesting reading but as one Stagecoach employee who used to send them too me once said, 'dont take them as gospel'.

As for vehicles in reserve, this dosen't mean they won't see service, on the latest fleetcards there's a number of MANs listed as in reserve where they have been for the last couple of months yet some are still out in daily use.
33174 is listed as in reserve but it takes me to work every Sunday morning on the 202.
Changes to Stagecoach services in April or July the TfGM Committee documents:

*80 - Service curtailed to run between White Moss and Manchester only. Sunday service withdrawn.
*217/218 - Monday-Saturday service proposed to be withdrawn and replaced by new tendered services due to hight costs. Replacement services between Manchester and Ashton (SS Travel service 217) and between Stalybridge and Drolysden (First service 408).
*Wigan Nightbus - All remaining journeys on Wigan nightbus network proposed to be withdrawn from 28 July 2014.

http://www.transportforgreatermanchester...us_network
(14/03/2014 19:39)SF07 Wrote:  Replacement services between Manchester and Ashton (SS Travel service 217) and between Stalybridge and Drolysden (First service 408).

Interesting, this will bring other operators than Stagecoach into Droylsden daytime for the first time since 2008 when Maynes withdrew.
The member I was replying to knows full well that I don't work for Stagecoach, so wasn't asking a question so much as making a point.

I fully accept that fleetcards are often far less than accurate, but remember that they do get sent to Perth (UK Bus HQ) every month, so they represent what the senior management/directors believe is in (allocated) service. Hence use of the word 'official'.

As I said before, vehicles can and will appear in service from reserve.
Oooooh, lots of speculation on the Spectra's fate going on...

Here's another conspiracy theory;

13995/6 are currently at HE's paint shop waiting for a new lick of paint. Given they were repainted not too long ago and that they are most commonly seen on 142/3 I would aassume they are being kept and painted into MagicBus colours...
Oh, and talking of repaints, 20940 has lost it's NorthWestern paint scheme and been repainted into the new training bus livery (yellow front/back)
(14/03/2014 21:36)R971XVM Wrote:  Oh, and talking of repaints, 20940 has lost it's NorthWestern paint scheme and been repainted into the new training bus livery (yellow front/back)

I just carnt see it myself. If they were going to paint them into magic blue it would have happened before now although never say never.
I would like to see them sent to Middleton to replace the Olympians, age wise there's not much difference burst least there low floor.
(14/03/2014 19:39)SF07 Wrote:  Changes to Stagecoach services in April or July the TfGM Committee documents:

*80 - Service curtailed to run between White Moss and Manchester only. Sunday service withdrawn.
*217/218 - Monday-Saturday service proposed to be withdrawn and replaced by new tendered services due to hight costs. Replacement services between Manchester and Ashton (SS Travel service 217) and between Stalybridge and Drolysden (First service 408).
*Wigan Nightbus - All remaining journeys on Wigan nightbus network proposed to be withdrawn from 28 July 2014.

I notice that First are extending the 42 to NMGH. I am surprised that Stagecoach have not extended the 6/112 to Didsbury/Withington/Chorlton already. Maybe they will now consdier cross town services in competition with First?
(14/03/2014 19:39)SF07 Wrote:  Changes to Stagecoach services in April or July the TfGM Committee documents:

I notice that First are extending the 42 to NMGH. I am surprised that Stagecoach have not extended the 6/112 to Didsbury/Withington/Chorlton already. Maybe they will now consdier cross town services in competition with First?

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)