Current time: 28/04/2024, 15:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(04/03/2014 14:47)KU02 YUH Wrote:  2984 is pointlessly on the 312 today, whilst 2209 and 2416 are apparently on the 10s... There definitely does seem to be a change of allocation on the 312, possibly relating to the school service that it interworks on and off, as a Solo-sized bus hasn't been used on it for a while.

Well the gold pulsar 2 that was on it yesterday had a full seating load. Maybe its because a bigger bus actually attracts more passengers or it could be because the 310/311 won't serve the Asda.
I think they fill out better towards the Concourse rather than towards Clay Brow as it goes the same way as the 375/385/395
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(04/03/2014 15:07)Busser Wrote:  
(04/03/2014 14:47)KU02 YUH Wrote:  2984 is pointlessly on the 312 today, whilst 2209 and 2416 are apparently on the 10s... There definitely does seem to be a change of allocation on the 312, possibly relating to the school service that it interworks on and off, as a Solo-sized bus hasn't been used on it for a while.
Well the gold pulsar 2 that was on it yesterday had a full seating load. Maybe its because a bigger bus actually attracts more passengers or it could be because the 310/311 won't serve the Asda.
I think they fill out better towards the Concourse rather than towards Clay Brow as it goes the same way as the 375/385/395
That seems to make sense, however it's usually either empty or got very few passengers aboard when I see it at different parts of the day. I really do think that the bigger buses would be better-suited elsewhere - especially when smaller buses are seeing use on key corridors such as the 10 road.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2695 on 329 at warrington this evening,first time i have see a pulsar on it

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(01/02/2014 22:15)motormayhem1 Wrote:  St helens are suppose to be receiving some "58" plate pulsars but unsure on numbers and dates.

Can anyone provide an update on this please?

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17
Still unsure on any dates or numbers but as soon as i hear ewt il let you know.
(04/03/2014 20:39)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Still unsure on any dates or numbers but as soon as i hear ewt il let you know.

Ok thanks mm.

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17
7634 is still going it's on the 34. 2416 is on the 10A and an SR is on 320 shorts
2261 was on the 10A today.

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17
How long are the Renowns going to be around for? I like the Renowns, compared to the Pulsars they seem a lot more solid & have more muscle. Despite that they are not going to be around forever, so what would the potential replacements be?
It's obvious Arriva have a leaning towards VDL/Wrightbus so what about those Streetlite MAX's, First have some in Sheffield and they are very nice. Plus I did read somewhere that most operator's are favouring the lightweight chassis, or will the eventual replacements be more pulsars haha or perhaps to replace them with Streetcars, or are my expectations going a little to far? Lol
Seems quite regular that 7634 is on 34/34A's these days, I'm sure it spends more time on there than any other route

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)