Current time: 07/05/2024, 15:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
(25/02/2014 18:34)St Helens Rider Wrote:  
(25/02/2014 18:19)Bevan Price Wrote:  
(25/02/2014 08:26)MPTE1955 Wrote:  17269 appeared on 10A this morning. Seen it Liverpool bound Crossing Queens Drive at 7.30.

And seen approaching St. Helens at about 09:10.

This I think is a duty regularly worked by Darts.

Yes, you are correct although just lately there have been more Enviro300's on that trip.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I've also noticed that the majority of Stagecoach diagrams on the 53 have become Dart operated in the last week or so.

For me, whilst the Enviro 300's were nice to have on the 53's, they were rarely full (as alluded to earlier in this thread, it's a busy corridor between Crosby & Liverpool). The darts do seem to be a better match for the loadings on offer, though I have seen some peak hour services ex-Liverpool with standing loads.

From a business point of view, it'll presumably be more cost effective to operate Darts for a short time, pending any replacement vehicles that may come into the fleet.
I think some of the Enviro 300's normally used on 53's have been getting used on 10A's instead, I haven't see many 10A branded Enviro 300's this week on 10A's and maybe they are getting something done. However, it could also be that I just haven't been around at the times they have been on, but it would be unusual to see none.
the 53 is QBP route running every 5 mins so no suprise the buses ain't full atm with most of schools off but from 2pm onwards every bus is full from crosby when schools are in
Who thinks route branding vehicle is a good idea? Obviously Stagecoach management do but what are your opinions?
16654 is on the 19!!
(04/03/2014 17:40)Scania1996 Wrote:  16654 is on the 19!!

Indeed! I ran from Lime St to London Road to get a picture! I almost had an asthma attack! Wink

Daniel Christopher.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(01/03/2014 00:28)turbo777 Wrote:  Who thinks route branding vehicle is a good idea? Obviously Stagecoach management do but what are your opinions?

Unfortunately, bus operator's are very very poor at advertising their services. e.g. When, was the last time you saw your local bus route or company advertised on TV or in the newspaper ?, I have lived in my current house, for the last 10-years, in that time not once have I seen my local route or company advertised on TV or in the newspaper. In the last hour both Virgin Trains and Trans-Pennine Express have been advertised on TV.

Route branding a vehicle, is at the best, an half-hearted attempt at advertising by the bus company. The biggest problem with route branding, is that the vehicles regularly operate other routes, other then the one's which their are branded for, which only confuses the intending passengers, all the more. All bus companies, which have route branded vehicles, are guilty of this.
The best system of route branding was Blackpool Transport's Metro Coastlines - only was informed of one instance where wrong bus was on wrong route and I believe this was corrected mid journey. Apologies for going off topic slightly but just answering on previous comment.
Possibly 1986! : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFpznHc_c1w

SD.

(04/03/2014 18:39)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  
(01/03/2014 00:28)turbo777 Wrote:  Who thinks route branding vehicle is a good idea? Obviously Stagecoach management do but what are your opinions?

Unfortunately, bus operator's are very very poor at advertising their services. e.g. When, was the last time you saw your local bus route or company advertised on TV or in the newspaper ?, I have lived in my current house, for the last 10-years, in that time not once have I seen my local route or company advertised on TV or in the newspaper. In the last hour both Virgin Trains and Trans-Pennine Express have been advertised on TV.

Route branding a vehicle, is at the best, an half-hearted attempt at advertising by the bus company. The biggest problem with route branding, is that the vehicles regularly operate other routes, other then the one's which their are branded for, which only confuses the intending passengers, all the more. All bus companies, which have route branded vehicles, are guilty of this.

User(s) browsing this thread: 40 Guest(s)