Current time: 07/05/2024, 23:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(03/12/2013 14:21)wirralbus Wrote:  
(03/12/2013 12:58)R971XVM Wrote:  So there will now be two Stagecoach 74 services... Hollinworth - Piccadilly and Pendleton - Irlam...

Stagecoach management will not like two identical service numbers , reckon in the not to distant future one of the service will become a different number like 174 , 274 etc .

Could see the Hollinwood-Manchester 74 being re-numbered to 76A or 78A or re-number the whole 74 service to 78 and either then re-route it via around Scotland Hall Road or leave that section of the route to the 77.

Although, having said that, Stagecoach did operate two 390s (Glossop and Stockport-Poynton) until recently when the Stockport 390 was partly replaced by the 372, albeit a TfGM decision.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I can't see both 74's being a problem as they are not in the same area. Isn't the Irlam - Pendleton a contract?.
AZ Solo 47559 broke down right in front of me on Beaufort Rd at 13:00 this afternoon, it was believed to had lost it's power completely resulting with very weak or no ignition at all.
Moments later the coolant (I believe) had broken its waters (2nd image below)

47559 has only been back on the road for 1 or 2 days

[Image: WP_000869_zps716496b7.jpg]

[Image: WP_000870_zps6c831437.jpg]
o dear i saw it did not sound right
They're not having much luck with that bus are they?
Well I think with the money they'll have spent getting it this far, they'll want to try and repair it now once and for all.
(03/12/2013 22:01)ace Wrote:  They're not having much luck with that bus are they?
Well I think with the money they'll have spent getting it this far, they'll want to try and repair it now once and for all.

It's cursed that bus. Was constantly breaking down before and it seems despite a new engine it's no better.

Having said that the older Dart at AZ seems to be always breaking down. I've spotted it a few times over the last few weeks awaiting a tow.
Speaking of incidents with solos, anybody heard about the RTC with a 375 driver?
(03/12/2013 22:31)Mayneway Wrote:  
(03/12/2013 22:01)ace Wrote:  They're not having much luck with that bus are they?

It's cursed that bus. Was constantly breaking down before and it seems despite a new engine it's no better.

Having said that the older Dart at AZ seems to be always breaking down. I've spotted it a few times over the last few weeks awaiting a tow.

solo 47001 has turned up at Wigan again though officially in reserve
(04/12/2013 12:04)mic Wrote:  
(03/12/2013 22:31)Mayneway Wrote:  

solo 47001 has turned up at Wigan again though officially in reserve

I noticed 47001 on taxi duties in Ashton at lunch time today. I don't think it's ever left AZ as its a regular performer on Sunday 202's.
Hi guys,

I forget to tell you that ALX 400 17003 is on *cough cough* 658 this morning at around 10.40 to 10.45am when I on 631 board. Anyone notice at wigan or leigh?

Martyn

User(s) browsing this thread: 55 Guest(s)