Current time: 02/05/2024, 19:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(24/10/2013 16:01)Benzo Wrote:  
(24/10/2013 15:44)Mayneway Wrote:  
(24/10/2013 11:57)Benzo Wrote:  Just sighted ST 36104 heading down the Mottram Moor Glossop bound, displaying 11 Altrincham?
A possibility that it could be transiting a couple of drivers to Sheffield to collect the loaned buses back to Stockport and other depots

I think it will be doing Longendale Highschool in Mottram. Both HE and ST did do boards at longendale so my guess is a school rather than Sheffield.

it could possibly be the school run, I did see it at 12:55 this afternoon

Could be way off here but when I do an early shift on a Saturday morning in Glossop I occasionally see a ST Solo or Enviro200 not in service joining the motorway at Mottram so I've always presumed its on taxis and has picked a driver up from that end so possibly the bus you saw today was either picking or dropping a driver off. I carnt see they would send a bus and driver over to Sheffield directly off service which by the sounds of it is where this bus has come from.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Sad day at wigan today! R.I.P to the driver tragically killed in that terrible accident!
I was going to say what accident but I would imagine you mean that it was the funeral of the driver killed in that shocking accident with the doors. Certainly R.I.P to him.
(25/10/2013 19:53)MPTE1955 Wrote:  I was going to say what accident but I would imagine you mean that it was the funeral of the driver killed in that shocking accident with the doors. Certainly R.I.P to him.

Sorry if i didnt make myself clear but yes you are correct it was the funeral today!
(22/10/2013 20:08)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  
(22/10/2013 05:15)ace Wrote:  
(21/10/2013 20:30)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Quite ironic, Manchester/Salford is creating bus lanes on the same day Liverpool is getting rid of theirs on the road which links the 2 cities.

To me, bus lanes are a complete waste of time. They achieve nothing apart from chaos on the roads. I've seen many situations where traffic is held up whilst everyone tries to move over into one lane instead of two, and buses are held up behind them, so it makes them late! Rather defeats the 'object' to me.

I agree with you some bus lanes are waste of space, like the one on the main road between Morecambe and Lancaster, outside the college, I never seen a bus use it yet!

Then there other areas where there is no bus lanes, which could do with one! such as the hill between Walton-le-Dale and Preston, theres nearly as many buses as cars going up this hill

The bus lane outside the college is used by the service 12 (Morecambe-heysham- the bypass-lancaster bus station-railway station) and the preston services on sundays.l

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonesy3001/

If it's not in london they dont want to know
Sorry if change topic

I think tomorrow will service for Manchester and Wigan to stop because of weather bad wind, do you think they will carry on or stop after 9am or 10am?

What your comment about it?

Thank you.

Martyn
I didn't think the weather conditions in Manchester and the surrounding areas would be bad enough to warrant stopping services, but I have no idea as I'm not a weatherman. Although weatherman do get things badly wrong *cough* Michael Fish. Hopefully there won't be too much disruption.
(27/10/2013 22:55)Polo Mint Wrote:  I didn't think the weather conditions in Manchester and the surrounding areas would be bad enough to warrant stopping services, but I have no idea as I'm not a weatherman. Although weatherman do get things badly wrong *cough* Michael Fish. Hopefully there won't be too much disruption.

So am I, let finger cross WN and MA continue service tomorrow....if not, could be worst, then.

Cheerios.

Martyn
Considering we've escaped the worst of the weather thankfully Martyn I think services will runs as normal
(28/10/2013 07:10)M60lad Wrote:  Considering we've escaped the worst of the weather thankfully Martyn I think services will runs as normal

Yeah seem back normal strange so I was wrong,he he lol. Anyway change bus topic. Lol

Thank guys,

Martyn

User(s) browsing this thread: 113 Guest(s)