Current time: 03/05/2024, 03:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(30/09/2013 16:38)mbonwick Wrote:  
(30/09/2013 15:24)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  Good on you MX05 CKN, I have lost count on how many accidents there as been recently involving buses!

And how many of those accidents were the PCV drivers' fault? I haven't noticed a particular 'spike' in the number of accidents lately, and even if there was, that doesn't mean that all the industry are breaking the law...

When five buses were seriously damage with-in 48-hours, last weekend including the one in Cumbria.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(30/09/2013 19:45)MX05 CKN Wrote:  
(30/09/2013 19:42)motormayhem Wrote:  I got told once a company sack a driver they have to inform the traffic commisnor and the reason why depending on how serious the reason is.
Arriva has a zero tolorance when it comes to saftey of passengers and driving standards as when im driving my bus and need a drink i pull into the next stop to have one but i know driving while on your phone is a serious offence and sackable on the spot if proven.

Proven as in CCTV showing him leaning over the wheel to browse Amazon on his phone which is blocking vital instruments on the dashboard?

It just depends on where the cctv is pointing in the cab ,but just by you reporting it could lead to a plain clothed survelence of the driver if you gave them the fleet no,route no and time an direction of travel to see if they can catch him out themselves as driving standerds are a serious issue with big companies but they dont know about it if its not reported as there carrying lots of passengers per day and putting there lives at risk every second there on the phone.
(01/10/2013 20:09)motormayhem Wrote:  
(30/09/2013 19:45)MX05 CKN Wrote:  
(30/09/2013 19:42)motormayhem Wrote:  I got told once a company sack a driver they have to inform the traffic commisnor and the reason why depending on how serious the reason is.
Arriva has a zero tolorance when it comes to saftey of passengers and driving standards as when im driving my bus and need a drink i pull into the next stop to have one but i know driving while on your phone is a serious offence and sackable on the spot if proven.

Proven as in CCTV showing him leaning over the wheel to browse Amazon on his phone which is blocking vital instruments on the dashboard?

It just depends on where the cctv is pointing in the cab ,but just by you reporting it could lead to a plain clothed survelence of the driver if you gave them the fleet no,route no and time an direction of travel to see if they can catch him out themselves as driving standerds are a serious issue with big companies but they dont know about it if its not reported as there carrying lots of passengers per day and putting there lives at risk every second there on the phone.
The CCTV monitor clearly showed him on his phone

[Image: tumblr_mxlljfQAtc1se7of4o1_500.png]
Jack
Well he would be banged to rights then if it clearly shows him on it.
I have never seen a driver using his mobile luckily, I have seen a driver using his phone outside of the cab though.

I have had a boy racer driver though who was driving rather fast then had to brake harshly and nearly dragged everyone out of their seats, but then an old person told him off.

A majority of drivers, especially at the big firms like Stagecoach, do a decent job and follow the rules.
(01/10/2013 20:21)motormayhem Wrote:  Well he would be banged to rights then if it clearly shows him on it.

Good, he deserves it

[Image: tumblr_mxlljfQAtc1se7of4o1_500.png]
Jack
Lets get back to fleetnews, anyway seems the Stagecoach Manchester merry-go-round hasn't finished yet as Hyde Road's 19079 was out today round Bolton on 540s, obviously a loan or possible transfer, makes we wonder with a couple of MANs disappearing from Wigan Depot lately to Ashton and Middleton Depots respectively whether this 19079 and maybe another one have actually replaced them.

Also HE Enviro 19407 is currently carrying a full all-over advert for McCains Happy Days Chips for Tea
22103 can't seem to make its mind up where it wants to be at the moment. Having recently transferred to Middleton from Wigan, it has now moved to Sharston and has been on the 42A this week.
anyone seen fire in didsbury one of the hybrids involved link http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/n...rt-6129692
Looks like MX60BVB from the photos.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)